When you plan a baby shower, it's always nice to purchase or design some baby shower favors. While of course, everyone comes to the shower to celebrate the impending birth of the baby, guests love to take home a keepsake of the event. The writers at LoveToKnowBaby are always looking for great baby shower ideas, so check our site out on a regular basis. You'll be glad you did!
Favors for Baby Showers
If you really aren't the crafty sort, you can still come up with some great baby shower favors, such as the following:
- Candles- Choose candles that are pastel in color. You can always personalize them with the date of the shower as well as the mom-to-be's name or the name of the baby.
- Small trinket boxes-Here again, you can personalize these boxes with acrylic paint, gemstones, ribbons, etc.
- Candy-Wrap a small basket or lace handkerchief with a pastel ribbon after you've filled it with a few delectable treats.
- Silver or pewter charm-Even if your guests don't have a charm bracelet, a whimsical charm that is baby themed might inspire them to buy one. If not, they can put the charm away in a keepsake box as a preserved memory of the joyous occasion.
- Soaps-Decorative and aromatic soaps are always a favorite among baby shower guests.
- Baby Shower Cookies-You can typically special order these cookies from a local bakery. Be sure you check out their patterns before you buy.
Do It Yourself Projects
If you're really creative, why not create your baby shower favors, or enlist the help of your baby shower guests after they arrive. Check out the following ideas for some great baby shower favors that you can easily and inexpensively create!
All you need is the following:
- Wax paper
- Acrylic paints
- Embellishments as desired
- Cookie cutters or molds in baby themes
Melt the wax according to the manufacturer's directions, and pour the melted wax into the molds. Add wicks. Let dry, then decorate with paint, and any ribbons or trim that you choose. What a great baby shower favor!
Baby Gift Pots
This favor is always a hit among guests. Supplies include the following:
- Terra cotta pot, small
- Acrylic paints
- Clear-coat sealant
- Candies or small bath beads
- Tulle paper
You can either choose to make this a yummy treat or turn it into a bath gift. Paint the terra cotta pot in whatever color you choose. Once it has dried completely, seal it with Clear-coat sealant. Add candies or bath beads. Wrap in tulle paper, and tie at the top with pastel ribbon.
This is another easy baby shower favor that anyone can create. Supplies include the following:
- Small pastel sachet bags or tulle paper
Fill the bags or small squares of paper with potpourri. Tie the bags with pastel ribbon. That's all there is to it!
Supplies needed include the following:
- Small tins
- Stencils (optional)
- Acrylic paint
- Candy or mints
Purchase small tins at a craft store, and paint them with acrylic paint. Decorate with stencils or any other embellishment. You can also include the date of the baby shower. Once the tins are completely dry, fill them with candy or mints.