Baby shower prayers can be used in a variety of ways. No matter how or where you use a prayer, the blessings of a new baby are easy to see.
Prayers for a Baby Shower
Where can you use baby shower prayers? Check out the following suggestions:
- Baby Shower Decorations: Use prayers on decorations for the shower. These could be computer generated or hand printed. You can place them on buntings, ribbons, door hangings, picture frames, or anything else that you use to decorate for the shower.
- Baby Shower Crafts: If you plan on making your next baby shower an active one, how about using a prayer theme on a baby shower craft that everyone could make? Take one of our craft ideas and adapt it to use with a prayer or blessing.
- Baby Shower Centerpieces: Whether you have custom-ordered the centerpiece or you are making them yourself, it is easy to incorporate a prayer.
- Baby Shower Favors: Why not give favors that list a specific prayer? These could be small journals, candles, note cards, or candy.
- Baby Shower Invitations: Choose an invitation with a religious theme.
- Baby Shower Thank You Cards: Let everyone know how blessed you are with thank you notes that feature short prayers.
- Baby Shower Gifts: If you are searching for a unique gift, why not have a gift embroidered, stenciled, embossed, or engraved with a prayer?
The following prayers will get you started. However, don't be afraid to try your hand at creating your own baby shower prayers.
The Gospel According to Mark
"They brought children for Jesus to touch. The disciples rebuked them, but when Jesus saw them he was indignant and said to them, 'Let the children come to me; do not try to stop them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you, whoever does not accept the kingdom of God like a child will never enter it.' And he put his arms round them, and blessed them."
"May the God of All Creation who formed you beneath your Mother's heart, smile on you this Holy Day of Baptism. Living Waters baptize you at the Font of New Life and anoint you with the grace of Jesus. May all who watch over you be blessed with Awe and they behold the perfect gift of Love that you are. May the Light of Christ guide you always in the path of Truth as you grow in Wisdom, Grace and Love." (Author Unknown)
Irish Baby Blessing
May all the blessing of our Lord touch your life today.
May He send His little angels to protect you on your way.
Such a wee little fit, sent from above.
Someone so precious to cherish and love.
May sunshine and moonbeams dance over you head.
As you quietly slumber in your bed.
May good luck be with you wherever you go.
And your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow.
Jewish Baby Blessing
In every birth, blessed is the wonder.
In every creation, blessed is the new beginning.
In every child, blessed is life.
In every hope, blessed is the potential.
In every transition, blessed is the beginning.
In every existence, blessed are the possibilities.
In every love, blessed are the tears.
In every life, blessed is the love.
Welcome precious little child
So fresh from God above
Baptized today in Jesus' name,
Held in His arms of love.
May angels guide your tiny feet
and bring you smiles to wear;
and may our Heavenly Father
Always keep you in His care!
Baby Is Your Blessing
This baby is your blessing,
I wish happiness in every way,
Good luck God bless,
And many blessings and wishes,
To welcome baby into your life today. (Anonymous)
More Prayer Resources
If you are looking for more baby shower prayers, check out the following sites: