Cashmere baby blankets make nice baby shower gifts. Cashmere blankets are a classic choice because of the quality material and the many well-made blanket choices. The cashmere material is a comfortable for newborn baby's sensitive skin and looks nice in the crib.
Benefits of Cashmere Blankets
Baby blankets made of cashmere may be one of the most comfortable and warm choices for a baby.
What Is Cashmere?
Cashmere is the wool from the undercoat of cashmere goats. This type of wool is known for softness, durability and warmth. Many clothing, accessories and bedding are made from cashmere due to its qualities. The fiber also produces an elegant look when made into clothing and household items. Cashmere scarves, mittens and hats are considered warm and luxurious.
The highest quality cashmere wool, pashmina, comes from the Capra Hircus goat. Pashmina cashmere has a reputation of being the softest, warmest and more durable of all cashmere wool. It is generally more expensive than other cashmere grades. Many baby blankets are made with pashmina cashmere.
Cashmere Baby Blankets
Cashmere baby blankets also offer many benefits for keeping babies comfortable in all weather. Cashmere blankets for babies provide the following benefits:
- Breathable material: The wool keeps body heat in during cold weather but allows the body to maintain a comfortable temperature in warmer weather without overheating.
- Softness: The blanket is soft and will not irritate the baby's sensitive skin. In fact, the blanket gets softer with age and washings.
- Durable: The blanket should last for years as the child grows and can even be passed to siblings. A well-made cashmere blanket should not unravel or pill excessively.
- Design choices: Cashmere blankets are a popular baby blanket choice. Parents can find a variety of colors, sizes and designs for their baby.
Where to Buy Cashmere Baby Blankets
You can purchase baby blankets made from cashmere at both local stores and online. You may be able to find a wider selection of blanket colors and designs online, including pashmina cashmere blanket options at a reasonable price.
The following websites sell baby blankets made out of cashmere:
- Ralph Lauren: The designer offers three cashmere baby blankets.
- The Pashmina Store: The Pashmina store sells pashmina grade cashmere blankets for babies in many color options.
- Swaddle Designs: Swaddle Designs offers quality cashmere blankets in a variety of soft pastel colors. Each blanket is sold with a satin ribbon tied around it in a pretty gift presentation.
Caring for a Baby Cashmere Blankets
Cashmere blankets are easy to care for. The blankets can be dry cleaned or hand washed. Since it is not practical to dry clean a baby's blanket due to the frequent need to wash blankets and bedding, hand washing can still keep your blanket in good condition. Follow this blanket care advice:
- Wash the blanket by hand in cold water. Use a gentle detergent such as Woolite. Never use chlorine bleach.
- Lay the blanket in a towel and fold it into the towel to get out excess water. Do not wring the blanket.
- Carefully lay the blanket flat on the laundry drying rack to dry.
- After the blanket is dry, iron it on a low setting, if necessary. It is best to place a white cloth or towel between the iron and cashmere to protect the material.
Cashmere blankets are an heirloom quality gift for the baby. In fact, you can make a cashmere blanket gift even more special by personalizing it with embroidery of the baby's name or initials onto the blanket. You can also order custom designs at some specialty boutiques.