If you are the parent of twins or two small children and you love to exercise, then a double jogging stroller is for you! You don't have to stay at home, leave the kids with a baby sitter, or take only one child if you own a good double jogging stroller. Keep reading for information on several popular brands!
Popular Features of a Jogging Stroller for Two
So, you love to exercise, but you don't want to spend time away from your children. You don't have to! Manufacturers are listening to the needs of parents, and many recognize that there is more than one child in a household. In the past, parents couldn't take both of their children for a jog because there simply wasn't a jogging stroller designed for two kids. Those days are over! Today, there is a wide variety of double jogging strollers, and they make exercising with your children a breeze!
As you begin searching for that perfect stroller, you'll discover that there are several different features to choose from, including the following:
- Front Belly Bar-Your children will have the added protection as you jog down those bumpy paths if the stroller you choose has one of these.
- Lightweight Steel Frame-Look for a stroller that is sturdy enough to withstand vigorous activity but light enough to handle with ease.
- Retractable Canopy-You'll want to make sure that your babies or toddlers are protected from the elements, so look for a retractable canopy.
- 5-Point Safety Harness-Secure your children safely with a 5-point safety harness.
- Pneumatic Tires-Pneumatic tires will give your little ones a smoother ride even on bumpy terrain.
- Ergonomic Handles-Look for strollers that feature adjustable handles for extra comfort.
- Independent Adjustable Reclining Seats-This is an essential feature! One baby may want to sleep, while the other wants to view the sights ahead! Adjustable seats make this possible!
- Hand Caliber Brake-Another safety feature that is essential for quick stops!
- Rear Locking Brakes-Control that stroller when you've stopped for a much needed rest!
- Storage Pockets-You won't be carrying your purse while jogging, so make sure the stroller you choose has drawstring pockets to store your valuables.
- Compact Folding-Sure a jogging stroller might seem big when it is opened, but be sure it folds with ease so that you can store it when necessary.
- Food or Drink Tray-This is great for those little pit stops!
- Extra Wide Tires-You'd be surprised how much this can affect the ease in which you can maneuver a double stroller.
- Removable Seat Cover-This makes cleaning your stroller a breeze!
- Tether Strap-Control runaway strollers by always staying connected!
- Coverable Moon Roof Windows-These allow you to keep an eye on your children even though the canopy is up.
Where to Buy
Now that you know what features to look for, where can you find a great double jogging stroller? Before you shell out the big bucks, you can look for used jogging strollers in the following places:
- Classified Newspaper Ads
- Flea Markets
- Yard Sales
- Garage Sales
- Consignment Shops
- Consignment Sales
If you don't have any luck finding a good used double jogging stroller or you simply want to purchase a new one, then check out the following stores online or in your area.
Check out the following popular double jogging strollers.