If you're hosting a baby shower, it can help to have a few games on hand. Shower games can help break the ice, allowing the guests to feel at ease and have a fun time together. These free printable baby shower games from LoveToKnow are perfect for your event.
Baby Letter Game
If you've played board games like Scattergories, you know how fun (and challenging) it can be to come up with objects that start with a specific letter. This free printable game is designed to test your shower guests' word skills, and it's likely to lead to a few hilarious conversations too.
If you need help downloading any of these printables, check out these helpful tips.
How to Play
- To play the game, simply print out one copy for each guest at the shower. Be sure to have enough pens on hand as well.
- Explain the rules to the guests. They will have two minutes to come up with a baby item for each letter on the sheet. They should try to be as original as possible.
- At the end of two minutes, you can go around the room, asking each guest to say her answer aloud for each letter. Guests get a point for each unique answer. If there are any duplicate answers, no one gets points for those.
- When everyone has read their answers, have the guests total up their points. The person with the most points is the winner.
Word scrambles are a lot of fun, and they work well to get the attention of the whole group before you begin a more involved game or start opening gifts. This printable baby-themed word scramble will get your guests thinking.
How to Play
- Print out one copy of the Baby Mix-Up for each guest at the shower. You'll only need to print one copy of the answers, since those are just for the host.
- Give each guest a copy of the scramble and an ink pen. Explain that the person who unscrambles the most baby related words in one minute will win.
- Set the timer for one minute. When the alarm goes off, read the answers aloud.
- Have guests report the total number of answers they got right. The person with the most right answers is the winner.
Baby Trivia Game
Your shower guests may think they know a thing or two about babies, but they can really test their knowledge with this tricky trivia quiz. The baby-themed questions on this printable trivia game are challenging, so you'll want to give guests a couple of minutes to answer. Consider pairing people up into teams for this game, giving guests a chance to get to know one another.
How to Play
- Print one copy of the trivia game for each guest or team of guests. You'll only need to print one copy of the answers for yourself. Give each guest or team of guests a pen.
- Explain the rules to everyone. The person or team with the most correct answers will win. Set the timer for as long as you'd like. Two minutes is plenty of time for most people.
- When the time goes off, read the answers out loud. The guest or team with the most correct answers is the winner.
Baby Shower Gift Bingo
The gift opening is the main event of any shower, and everyone loves seeing the mom-to-be react to her presents. However, at large showers, this part of the festivities can get a little long for some guests. You can keep everyone involved by playing Baby Shower Gift Bingo.
How to Play
- Print out the bingo cards, and cut them out. Give each guest a bingo card and a packet or inexpensive circle stickers.
- As the mom-to-be opens each gift, guests can place a sticker over the corresponding baby item on their bingo cards.
- When a guest gets five in a row in any direction, including corner to corner, that guest is the winner.
- If no one wins before the gift opening is finished, the winner is the person with the most stickers in a row.
How Well Do You Know the Mom-to-Be?
Most showers include a mix of people from different parts of the new mom's life. It can be tricky for co-workers, childhood friends, and family to mingle together. This game helps them see what they have in common: knowing the mom-to-be.
How to Play
- Print out one copy of the game for each guest. Give each guest a pen.
- Instruct guests to answer as many questions as they can. If they don't know the answer, they can always guess or make up something funny.
- When everyone has finished the quiz, have each guest read her answer out loud. After all the guests have read their answers to a question, the mom-to-be can tell everyone the correct answer.
- At the end of the game, have guests count up their correct answers to find out who is the winner.
More Fun Baby Shower Games
Another popular shower game is the candy bar game; get the rules and a printable game card for the baby candy bar activity. For more rambunctious options, check out the active shower games list!
Tips for Using Free Printable Shower Games
Although these games are fun and easy to play, it helps to keep the following tips in mind:
- Make extra copies of each game in case you have more guests than you expect. That way, everyone can be a part of the fun.
- Bring extra writing utensils in case pens don't work or pencil leads break. You may want to buy a couple packages of cheap ink pens to have on hand.
- Have a prize for the winner of each game, as well as a few extra prizes in case of ties. Prizes can be as simple as candy or note cards.
- Limit yourself to three or four games. Guests will need some time to chat casually and eat cake.
- Print games in color to make them more festive.
Stretch Your Baby Shower Budget
Free printable shower games are the perfect way to stretch your baby shower budget without sacrificing fun. With these great games, your shower guests will feel relaxed and happy to be celebrating with the mom-to-be, and you'll be proud to host an entertaining get-together.