Replacing your glider rocker cushions can extend the life of your rocker. It's an economical way to keep using the same rocker for each baby and to breathe new life into one that has been well-loved over the years.
New Glider Rocker Cushions
New moms and dads will spend a lot of time in the glider rocker in the nursery. Having a comfortable place to sit will make this time spent together even more enjoyable. Replace the cushion in your glider rocker so you don't get frustrated each time you rock your baby to sleep or read a book together.
Check Manufacturer Website
Start your replacement cushion search with the manufacturer of the glider. Make sure you have the glider style name so you can search for a cushion that will fit perfectly. Not all companies offer replacement cushions directly on their website, but you can contact them to find out if this is an option. Check these popular brands:
- Stork Craft has made a name for itself as a manufacturer of affordable nursery furniture. Inquire at the company's website whether you can purchase replacement cushions or fill out the online replacement form.
- Search by model number on Graco's website for replacement cushions or contact the company for more information if you cannot find yours listed.
- If you have a Delta rocker, fill out Delta's customer service form to find out if they offer replacement cushions.
- Use the phone number or email listed at Kolcraft's customer service page to find out if you can get new cushions from this manufacturer.
- Fill out the form at Dorel Asia if you need replacement cushions from this company that makes gilder rockers.
If you bought your glider rocker locally, don't fret. Many locally-owned businesses are able to replace cushions and other parts for your rocker.
More Places to Purchase Replacements
Many glider rocker manufacturers do not offer cushions through their own websites, but through dealer websites. If you don't want to spend the money on name brand cushions, you can always look for generic cushions to fit your rocker. Just make sure you have the correct measurements before you buy. Check these websites for cushions:
- Kmart has replacement cushions for single seat chairs and rockers that, while in the outdoor patio section, may just fit your glider rocker if you need to save money.
- Target offers a Shermag brand rocker cushion set that includes the back and ottoman cover.
- The Rocking Chair Company has a variety of cushions to select from that may fit your glider rocker.
- CJ's Cozy Cushions offers custom made cushions for your glider rocker, perfect if your rocker is not a standard size.
Local upholstery stores and furniture stores may have seamstresses or tailors on hand who can make a custom cushion for your glider if you cannot find a ready-made replacement.
Replace Glider Rocker Cushion Covers
If the cushion itself is in good shape, it may be that you need to replace just the cushion cover. Pilling and stains can give a cushion an unappealing look over the years, even if the cushion is still comfortable.
Look for replacement covers at bedding and home stores. If you're crafty, you can also sew cushion covers yourself. In fact, you can even make an ottoman to go along with your new cushions and glider rocker if you're so inclined.
Extend the Life of Your Glider Rocker
New cushions and cushion covers can take an old glider rocker and make it new again. Whether you are replacing the cushions for aesthetic reasons or you need a more comfortable place to bond with your baby, getting new cushions is an affordable way to keep your nursery a relaxing place to spend time.