If you are throwing a baby shower, or writing a card, a nice touch is to include new baby sayings. They can be used on decorations, personalized items or just included in a heartfelt note.
Every child begins the world again.... ~Henry David Thoreau
Words Are A Gift
The words you say to a new mom or dad can make an impact. The right words are taken to heart and remembered forever. For some people, finding what to say comes easy. They are able to speak from their heart. For others, it is easier to find a quote that helps express the way they feel.
If you are a new mom, you may be looking for ways to hold on to your precious memories. This article offers some new baby sayings to use any way your heart wishes.
Classic New Baby Sayings
For a new baby, some classic quotes are all you need to express your feelings:
- "A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on." ~Carl Sandburg
- "When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies. And now when every new baby is born its first laugh becomes a fairy. So there ought to be." ~James Matthew Barrie
- "Adoption is when a child grew in its mommy's heart instead of her tummy." ~Author Unknown
- "A baby is an angel whose wings decrease as his legs increase." ~Author Unknown
- "Always kiss your children goodnight - even if they're already asleep." ~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- "Babies are always more trouble than you thought -- and more wonderful." ~Charles Osgood
- "A baby is born with a need to be loved -- and never outgrows it." ~Clark
- "The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." ~Rajneesh
- "It is the nature of babies to be in bliss." --Deepak Chopra
- "Life is a flame that is always burning itself out, but it catches fire again every time a child is born." --George Bernard Shaw
- "There is no finer investment for any community than putting milk into babies." --Winston Churchill
- "To bring up a child in the way he should go, travel that way yourself once in a while." --Josh Billings
- "Your children need your presence more than your presents." --Jesse Jackson
- "It's not only children who grow. Parents do too. As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours. I can't tell my children to reach for the sun. All I can do is reach for it, myself." --Joyce Maynard
- "If there is anything that we wish to change in the child, we should first examine it and see whether it is not something that could better be changed in ourselves." --C.G. Jung,
- "There are two lasting bequests we can give our children. One is roots. The other is wings." --Hodding Carter, Jr.
- "Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children." --Charles R. Swindoll
- "What a child doesn't receive he can seldom later give." --P.D. James
- "There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it." --Chinese Proverb
- "Whenever I held my newborn baby in my arms, I used to think that what I said and did to him could have an influence not only on him but on all whom he met, not only for a day or a month or a year, but for all eternity - a very challenging and exciting thought for a mother." --Rose Kennedy
- "When you teach your son, you teach your son's son." --The Talmud
- "A child enters your home and for the next twenty years makes so much noise you can hardly stand it. The child departs, leaving the house so silent you think you are going mad." --John Andrew Holmes
- "You have a lifetime to work, but children are only young once." --Polish Proverb
Fun Baby Sayings
A lite-hearted saying can sum up what parenting is really like:
- "A baby is an inestimable blessing and bother." ~Mark Twain
- "Watching a baby being born is a little like watching a wet St. Bernard coming in through the cat door." ~Jeff Foxworthy
- "Spread the diaper in the position of the diamond with you at bat. Then fold second base down to home and set the baby on the pitcher's mound. Put first base and third together, bring up home plate and pin the three together. Of course, in case of rain, you gotta call the game and start all over again." ~Jimmy Piersal, on how to diaper a baby, 1968
- "Children begin by loving their parents; as they grow older they judge them; sometimes they forgive them." --Oscar Wilde
- "You will always be your child's favorite toy." --Vicki Lansky
- "Although there are many trial marriages... there is no such thing as a trial child." --Gail Sheehy
Birth Control Baby Sayings
Here are some new baby sayings that can be used lightly or in fun:
- "A crying baby is the best form of birth control." ~Carole Tabron
- "Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories." ~John Wilmot
- "People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one." ~Leo J. Burke
Other New Baby Sayings
Here are a few other great quotes to share:
- "Children are one third of our population and all of our future." ~Select Panel for the Promotion of Child Health, 1981
- "A new baby is like the beginning of all things-wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities." ~Eda J. Le Shan
- "When you have a baby, love is automatic, when you get married, love is earned." ~Marie Osmond
- "If one feels the need of something grand, something infinite, something that makes one feel aware of God, one need not go far to find it. I think that I see something deeper, more infinite, more eternal than the ocean in the expression of the eyes of a little baby when it wakes in the morning and coos or laughs because it sees the sun shining on its cradle." ~Vincent van Gogh
Ways to Use Sayings
There are many ways you can use the above sayings to express your feelings.
- Make a card. Print or write out the saying on a homemade card. Buy some beautiful stamps or fun stickers to decorate it.
- Frame it. If you find a saying that touches your heart, write or print it out and put it in a frame. You can also decorate it with stamps, or paint.
- Create a personalized baby book or photo album. The perfect quote is a great way to start your book of memories.
- Decorate your home or baby nursery. Use your favorite quote to decorate the walls, or apply it to a mirror.
- Make a baby's first Christmas ornament: Hand paint or apply your favorite quote an ornament for a gift that will last forever.
A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for. ~Anonymous