Baby boy shower ideas often take their cues from the preferences of the moms-to-be. However, sometimes baby shower hostesses want to create a unique shower with decorations and themes that pleasantly surprise the guest of honor. Whatever your preference, planning a shower to welcome a new baby boy into the world is certainly a celebration!
Creative Baby Boy Shower Ideas
Many people think that baby boy shower ideas should include the color blue and themes that revolve around little boys. While there is nothing wrong with incorporating typical ideas into your next shower, you certainly aren't limited to the standard colors and themes associated with boys. Generic baby shower kits can be purchased in brick and mortar stores and online, and many of these are centered on trucks, sports, animals, and trains. However, why not get a little creative? The following ideas will get you started!
Cows, Cows, Cows
Nursery rhyme shower ideas offer plenty of room for creativity. The beloved nursery rhyme "Hey Diddle, Diddle" can provide plenty of inspiration for a baby boy shower. Focus color themes, decorations, and other party essentials around cows.
- Colors - Choose black and white as the color scheme, including black plates, cups, napkins, and utensils.
- Tablecloth - Cover tables with white paper coverings. Draw black spots on the paper to create the look of a black and white cow.
- Invitations - Create your own invitations via a word processing program on the computer. Search for a cartoon cow using clip art. Invitation wording could include words like "Get moooving! Come celebrate the birth of a new baby boy!" Add the words to the nursery rhyme inside the invitation as well.
- Cake - Take the theme even further by having a specially designed cake baked in the form of a cow. A chocolate cake with white icing that features black spots will have guests raving about its unique look.
Military Baby Shower
A military theme certainly adds a new twist to the traditional baby shower. It is also a perfect idea for that mom or dad-to-be who is an enlisted soldier.
- Colors - Choose your colors based upon the parent's branch of service. Navy works particularly well for a boy's baby shower.
- Tablecloth and accessories - Tie in the colors by purchasing table coverings and accessories featuring the main color and accent colors, like yellow, green, or white. If you have any artistic co-hostesses, ask them to draw the applicable military symbols on white paper table coverings.
- Invitations - These could include special wording like, "Help us welcome the newest sailor to the family!"
- Cake - Take your design idea to a baker and conspire together to create the perfect cake.
Superheroes Baby Shower
For a wacky, yet fun, baby shower, why not decorate with a superheroes theme?
- Colors - The colors you use really depend upon the character or characters you use in the theme. Unless you select the Hulk as your superhero, however, you can't go wrong with red, blue, yellow, black, and white.
- Tablecloth and accessories - Tablecloths, napkins, cups, and other accessories in the superhero theme of your choice are found easily online or at a store like Wal-Mart. Keep in mind that you'll probably need to look for these items in the birthday section as opposed to a baby shower area of the store.
- Invitations - Create your own invitations using a word processing program and clip art. Don't be afraid to be creative!
- Cake - Many bakeries already offer a superhero cake theme, so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding one that will work for the shower.
Finally, don't overlook other more typical, yet fun, baby shower ideas. Cartoon characters, like SpongeBob; favorite TV show characters, like Diego; and general boy themes, including vehicles, boats, aircraft, farms, animals, and sports equipment, make great decorations and theme ideas for baby boys.