Welcoming a new baby into the world is a community affair. Siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, co-workers, and family friends alike leap at the chance to congratulate and encourage parents on their new baby. Such a personal occasion calls for personalized messages, but not everyone knows exactly how to express their sentiments.
Examples of Congratulations Messages for New Parents
Tons of babies are born every day. Chances are you will find yourself congratulating new mothers and/or fathers several times throughout the year. It might be easier to personalize a message for family members and close friends. However, maybe your boss just gave birth or your local bank teller and you want to offer congratulations but don't know exactly what to say. Use these ideas when you find yourself wondering how to congratulate someone who had a baby.
Congratulations to the New Father
If you only know the new father or he'll be a single dad, these pointed messages are appropriate and meaningful.
- Congratulations on your promotion. Dad is the highest honor you could ever receive!
- Here's to wishing you days of being one rad comrade for your new little dude!
- From super guy to super dad, we know your bond will be ironclad.
Congratulations to the New Mother
Send the new mom wishes of congratulations with messages meant just for her.
- Congratulations on your new baby, he's/she's beyond lucky to call you "Mom."
- Here's a round of applause for the new mom who deserves a standing ovation for bringing a new little superstar into the world.
- Good work mama! Best wishes with your new baby and a love so uncommon.
New Baby Girl Wishes
When you want to say "congratulations on your baby girl," you can use sweet sayings or adorable congratulatory quotes for little girls.
- You've been blessed with an angel in your new baby girl. May her halo always shine so bright.
- Baby girls make the world a sweeter place. Congrats on your precious little sweetheart.
- Newborn girls are made of sunshine, paradise, and everything nice. Bask in her warming glow.
New Baby Boy Wishes
Common wishes for a baby boy include the basic "congratulations on your baby boy" and more specific newborn baby boy quotes.
- Give a "hear, hear" your little boy is here!
- Congratulations on your new son, we already love him a ton!
- Some boys wear blue, some even wear pink. Your new little guy is cute as a wink!
General Congratulations Phrases
These messages would be appropriate for anyone to use regardless of your relationship to the recipient.
- Wishing your new family a lifetime of happiness. May your greatest times be spent together.
- We (I) couldn't be happier to share in your joy. Congratulations on your adorable new son/daughter.
- All the best to you and your new little bundle of joy. May your lives be filled with happiness.
Heartfelt Sayings of Congratulations
This type of message is typically reserved for people you have a close, personal relationship with.
- Congratulations on creating a beautiful, healthy baby (boy/girl). We (I) look forward to sharing in the joy he/she will surely bring.
- Best wishes to an amazing couple as you share in the love (baby's name) has brought us all. Our lives are forever happier with him/her in them.
- Count your lucky stars, little (baby's name). These parents are yours, a lifetime of love they will bring.
Messages filled with scripture or teachings from any religion can be used in a personal message. Blessed with baby girl messages or baby boy messages can include prayers or be an original spiritual wish from you.
- Roses are red, violets are blue, (baby's name) is blessed, to have parents like you. Blessings to you and your new bundle of joy.
- God has blessed your lives in bringing you this child. May your lives be blessed together for eternity.
- 'Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward.' Psalms 127, 3-5. We (I) gladly rejoice with you in the gift of your new baby boy/girl.
Humorous Congratulations Messages
Personalized messages filled with humor or jokes are best reserved for very close friends and family members who are known to have an excellent sense of humor.
- Welcome to the greatest adventure of your lives. Hold on and enjoy the ride!
- Here's to hoping he looks like dad and thinks like mom! Beauty and brains, what a winning combination!
- Congratulations, you are now the proud owners of a real live mirror. He/she will not only look like you but act like you especially when you don't want him/her to!
Baby Shower Card Messages
Well wishes for a baby shower can be contained in a card for the new parents that goes along with your gift.
- Congrats, your special day is just moments away. We hope this gift shows more than we can say.
- Congratulations and Felicitations on your new little one(s)!
- Congratulations and here's a salute to your new family crew.
Examples of Congratulations Messages for Extended Family
When the whole family is excited about a new baby, send personalized congratulations messages to extended family members.
Congratulations on Being an Aunt
Go beyond the standard "congratulations you're an auntie" with a new aunt quote in a cute card.
- We're on a joyful rant because you're a new aunt! Congrats!
- Best wishes on your new role as the favorite aunt!
- Now that you're an aunt, you can stop saying can't, because aunts don't have to follow the rules! Welcome to the club!
Congratulations on Becoming an Uncle
Congratulations on becoming an uncle messages can be used in a new uncle card or shared face-to-face.
- Congrats on becoming a new uncle, but be careful he/she doesn't make your heart buckle!
- Congratulations to the coolest new uncle on the block!
- Being an uncle is a special honor, best wishes on your new role.
Congratulations to the New Grandparents
Let the new grandparents hear your best wishes for their new grandbaby with these simple sayings.
- We've told everyone else to move out of the way, it's your special day! No one else could love that new baby in the grandparent way.
- All I can say is aww! Congrats to the new Grandma and Grandpa!
- Whether you're Nana and Papa, or Baba and Gigi, I know you'll be everything that new baby needs. Congratulations.
Tips for Creating Personal Congratulations Messages
As the experts at Hallmark say, congratulations messages for a newborn baby are really your way of officially greeting the new arrival. Your purpose is to add to the new parents' joy in a way they can keep forever if they choose.
While there is no shame or ill-will in buying a special occasion card and adding a simple 'congratulations' with your signature on the inside, most of us hope to be a little more giving than that. Don't stress out over what to write in a new baby card! Instead, follow these how-to steps when your goal is to congratulate someone on their new baby. You are sure to create a message worth giving!
- Choose your recipient. When sending a card after the birth of a baby, you have three choices on whom to direct your message. Some people choose to write a note to the new baby, but most direct messages to the parents or the entire family.
- Select a greeting. The greeting is how any note or letter naturally starts. You can choose a formal, semi-formal, or informal greeting depending upon your relationship to the family. The most common formal greeting, according to Oxford Dictionaries, is Dear. This greeting can also be used informally along with Hello, Hi, or a person's first name.
- Speak from the heart. Regardless of your relationship with the family, find an appropriate way to say what you really want to say. The birth of a new baby is a very sentimental time and genuine messages are always well-received.
- Add a quote. If you are truly at a loss for what to say, consider adding in a quote. Children's books, baby poems, scripture, and songs offer an endless variety of words for any occasion. WhatChristiansWantToKnow.com offers family-related scriptures if you can't think of any off the top of your head.
- Choose a salutation. Your salutation is the word or words right before you sign your name. Try to keep your salutation at the same level as your greeting, formal or informal. Phrases such as warmly, lots of love, all our love, God bless, sincerely, from, or hugs and kisses are common salutations.
Your Personalized Baby Congratulations Message
Sharing in the joy as parents and other family members welcome a new baby into the world is a priceless opportunity. Whether you're crafting a message to accompany a baby shower gift or you're sending a note of congratulations after the bundle of joy has arrived, take the time to think about who you are sending the message to and what you really feel. Your thoughtful message will surely be received with open arms.