Egyptian girl names range from those inspired by natural beauty to blessings and wishes for the new child. Some even take their inspiration from the ancient Egyptians. No matter which baby girl name you choose, you'll love looking at these gorgeous names.
Popular and Common Egyptian Girl Names
Popular baby names change over time, with some falling out of fashion through the years and others taking over top spots. These Egyptian girl names are common options that parents have recently fallen in love with.
- Dina - Means "God is my judge"
- Ganna - Means "heaven" or "paradise"
- Hanan - Means "mercy" and "compassion"
- Heba - Means "gift from God"
- Nailah - This beautiful name means "successful"
- Nubia - Means "gold"
- Quadria - Means "success"
Egyptian Names for Beauty
Whether the name sounds beautiful, means beauty, or is meant to describe the loveliest baby in the world, the following Egyptian girl names all have one thing in common: beauty!
- Gamila - Means "beautiful"
- Hathor - Stands for everything beautiful in life
- Jamila - This name means "beauty"
- Layla - The name literally means "intoxicating." A perfectly beautiful name for a girl who will grow into her gorgeousness.
- Omorose - A gorgeous choice, this name means "beautiful"
- Rana - Means "eye-catching"
Egyptian Girl Names Inspired by Nature
Many beautiful Egyptian girl names take their inspiration from the natural world, including the all-important Nile river. There are also many lovely animal-inspired names. If you love nature and want to express that value in a name, one of these may be perfect:
- Anipe - This pretty names means "daughter of the Nile river."
- Bennu - This name means "eagle girl."
- Chione - Another river-inspired name, this means "mythical Nile daughter."
- Khepri - This radiant name means "morning sun."
- Marwa - This name means "hard stone" or "quartz."
- Mesi - A statement about an element of nature necessary for life, this name means "water."
- Panya - This adorable name means "mouse."
- Sanura - Another cute option, this name means "kitten."
- Zahra - With a meaning as beautiful as the name itself, this name means "flower."
Famous Egyptian Names
If these names are easily recognizable, it's for good reason. These famous Egyptian women made their mark on the world, and perhaps your child will as well. Give her a head start with a bold and beautiful name from this list.
- Aya - Means "wonderful" or "amazing" - Aya Medany was an Egyptian Olympian who competed in three Olympiads.
- Dalia - Means "gentle" - the name of former advisor for U.S. President Barack Obama
- Lotfia - Lofti means "soft" - name of first Egyptian female aviator
- Mona - Means "wishes" - name of Egyptian-American freelance journalist, Mona Eltahawy
- Sameera - Means "one with lively conversation" - name of Sameera Moussa, a nuclear physicist and the first Egyptian woman to hold a PhD in atomic radiation.
- Tahini - Means "best wishes" - name Tahani Amer, an Egyptian senior technologist at NASA
- Umm - Means "mother" - Umm Kulthum is the most-famous Egyptian singer and songwriter in Egypt
Egyptian Girl Names of Love
If you want to express how much you adore and value your little girl, these names all relate to love and gratitude. They make a beautiful and meaningful statement.
- Ain - This name means "priceless"
- Aziza - A statement of great value, this name means "precious" - a lovely choice for parents searching for names that begin with A
- Bahini - Means "fortune" or "gift of fortune"
- Femi - A simple and lovely name that means "love"
- Habibah - Means "loved" or "beloved"
- Ife - Another classic name choice that means "love"
- Jendayi - Means "gratitude" or "thankfulness" - a gorgeous choice if you're looking for a baby name that starts with J
- Mukarramma - Means "revered"
- Nashwa - Means "wonderful feeling" or "happiness"
- Olabisi - Means "bringer of joy"
- Oni - Means "girl who is wanted"
- Sharifa - Means "respected"
Names Based on Time of Birth
Some Egyptian girl names are based on the time or season when a girl is born. These beautiful names allow her to carry the circumstances of her birth with her throughout her life.
- Kissa - Means "sister of twins" and "daughter born after twins"
- Layla - This means "girl who was born at night."
- Masika - Meaning "girl born during rain," this is a lovely choice for a child born during a storm.
- Neema - Means born in good times
- Nuru - This name means "born during the day."
- Pili - Means "second born"
- Rabiah - For a child born during the spring months, use this name meaning "girl born in the spring."
- Sabah - This pretty name means "born in the morning."
Cute Egyptian Girl Names Based on Qualities
Like many cultures around the world, Egyptian names for girls often speak to desirable personal qualities or characteristics. From physical beauty to compassion, these are some of the prettiest options:
- Akila - This beautiful name means "intelligent."
- Dalila - A classic choice, this name means "gentle."
- Fukayna - This name also means "intelligent."
- Halima - A name based on kindness, this means "gentle."
- Hasina - This name simply means "good."
- Jamila - This name means "beauty."
- Kamilah - The highest ideal, this name means "perfection."
- Mandisa - This means "girl who is sweet."
- Mert - For those who find beauty in quiet, this name means "lover of silence."
- Monifa - If you want her to be fortunate, choose this name, which means "lucky."
- Muminah - This name means "pious."
- Nourbese - This name means "wonderful."
- Oseye - This pretty name means "happy."
- Quibilah - A lovely choice, this name means "peaceful."
- Ramla - This fascinating option means "one who predicts the future."
- Rashida - This name means "righteous."
- Raziya - This beautiful name means "agreeable."
- Rehema - A name for a kind child, this means "compassionate."
- Sagira - This name could be a good choice for a small baby; it means "little one."
- Selma - This name means "secure."
- Shani - A unique name, this means "wonderful."
- Sslama - This unusual choice means "peaceful."
- Tabia - This name means "talented."
- Talibah - An especially pretty option, this means "seeker of knowledge."
Ancient Egyptian Girl Names
Inspired by famous queens, princesses, and mythological deities, these ancient Egyptian female names are perfect picks for parents looking to add a sense of history and mystique to their child's name.
Egyptian Goddess Names for Girls
Look to Egyptian goddesses for powerful Egyptian names that make a statement.
- Amunet - Goddess of mystery
- Anat - Goddess of fertility
- Hehet - Goddess of things immeasurable
- Isis - The supreme goddess
- Keket - Goddess of the darkness
- Maat - Goddess of justice and order
- Naunet - Goddess of the ocean
- Neith - Goddess of femininity
- Nut - Sky goddess
- Renenet - Goddess of fortune
Egyptian Queen and Princess Names for Girls
Go full-on royal and get inspired by Egyptian queens and princesses who lived long ago. Do any of these interesting historical figures inspire a unique Egyptian name choice for your child?
- Cleopatra - A famous queen of Egypt
- Hatshepsut - An Egyptian queen
- Meritaten - Firstborn daughter of Queen Nefertiti
- Nebetta - Reference to princess Ahmose Nebetta
- Nefertiti - Name of a famous Egyptian queen
- Setepenre - One of Queen Nefertiti's six royal daughters
- Thema - Means "the queen"
- Tiye - Reference to Queen Tiye, mother to Akhenaten