Traditionally, greeting cards are given with gifts to parents expecting a new baby. Recent years have seen a bit of a twist put on the tradition, and guests at baby showers now bring sweet books to start a new nursery for the baby-to-be instead of cards. Know how to choose the perfect book and get examples of what to write in a baby shower book.
Messages to Include in Baby Shower Books for Parents-to-Be
The book is for the baby, but it is the parents who will be reading it repeatedly. Choose a book that speaks to the bond between a baby and his/her parents and write a message of love and support to the new parents.
- Another page turned in the book of life and in the book in your lap.
- He/she is finally here! Congrats on this newest chapter in life.
- Days are long, and years are short. Take precious moments to cuddle and read.
- Congrats on your new baby, Every single day of your life will become the greatest adventure you ever had.
- Fill your days of parenthood with love, memories, and so many stories.
- These days of parenthood are true page-turners.
- Just when you thought that you had already read every story, a baby came, and the genre of life completely changed.
- What wonderful parents you will be to this new character in your tale.
- Everyone wants to be the hero in the book, and to this baby, that role forever belongs to you.
- One more snuggle, one more book. This brand-new baby will have you hooked.
- As you are reading stories to your baby before bed, know that the look she gives you, the one boring into your soul, is the true look of complete and utter love.
- Hold her/him close. The long nights of rocking, cuddling, and reading won't last forever. Enjoy every minute of them.
- All that wishing upon stars worked. Your little dream is finally here.
Messages for Baby Shower Books Tailored to the Bundle of Joy
This new baby will bring so much joy to the lives of everyone around him/her, you included! Buy a book that highlights your wishes, hopes, and dreams for this new being and write a message to him or her that the parents can read to the youngster and that someday they will read themselves.
- We waited so patiently for you, sweet baby, and we can not wait to see the story of your life unfold.
- Baby, your arrival makes everyone believe that fairy tales really do come true.
- Little one, your arrival has certainly been the greatest plot twist to your parents' story.
- Grow your imagination, sweet baby, and never stop dreaming, learning, and living.
- Beautiful, bright, and full of light. Your arrival has brought so much joy to those around you already.
- While your tale is just beginning, we know that the story of your life will be epic.
- Darling baby, wishing you a lifetime of love, health, and adventure.
- Hoping you have a lifetime full of beautiful stories and sweet dreams, baby.
- You will move mountains without fail. We can't wait to hear about your life's tale.
- Here's to a life full of love, a world full of adventure, and shelves full of books.
- May you always find whatever it is you are searching for, dearest one.
- If you can choose to live anywhere, dearest one, choose to live within the pages of a good book.
- Dream a little dream, read a little book, live a lot of life.
Books to Bring to the Baby Shower and Messages to Go With Them
These fifteen classic picks are perfect choices for a baby shower book. The sentiments are spot on, and there are lots of message options to include in them.
All the Awake Animals Are Almost Asleep
This book, by Crescent Dragonwagon, is perfect for all of those bedtime stories that new parents read every evening. It has everything that little ones gravitate to, animals, letters, and bright, colorful pages. Work a message about animals or bedtime into this book like:
- Sweet dreams to our favorite little animal!
- Rock-a-bye, sweet baby. Our love for you is not a maybe.
- Welcome to the world, sweet little lion. Sleep well and dream big!
- Knowing your parents as I do, you are certain to grow into a beautiful, kind, and smart little person.
- Little darling, never before was there a baby more prayed for than you.
Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes
Every child should have this in their nursery. Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes, by Mern Fox, emphasizes that while children are vastly different and come from all walks of life, they all have some common similarities. You are never too young to teach racial diversity to your kids, and this book is a perfect introduction. These messages complement the book's tone and serve as lovely little reminders as to how kids make the world a better place.
- Welcome baby. Your arrival has enriched this universe so much.
- We know that you will grow up strong and confident and do amazing things.
- Walk tall and smile big, for you, dear baby, are all the goodness in the world.
Guess How Much I Love You
Guess How Much I Love You, by Sam McBratney, is a classic baby book that parents will read over and over again to their little one and never tire of. Babies certainly are loved, and a parent's love has no bounds when it comes to their children. Any of these baby book messages will suit this sweet read just fine.
- We love you to the moon and back and around once more.
- Sweet angel, never wonder if you are loved.
The Wonderful Things You Will Be
A new baby has their entire life in front of them, and they really can be whatever they want to be when they grow up. All they have to do is dream big, explore the world, and set out to do great things. Let your book message mirror the tone of this lively book by Emily Winfield Martin.
- Little one, the world is your oyster. Grow big and strong and set the universe aflame.
- Baby, if you can dream it, you can be it.
- Follow your heart, follow your dreams, and I'll follow you, cheering you on for all the days of your life.
Love You Forever
Yes, you will. This new baby opens up a world of a brand new love that was never before possible. If you are a parent yourself, and you know this deep love firsthand, then this book by Robert Munsch is a perfect choice for a gift with a message.
- Darling, you will be loved until the sun stops shining.
- Baby, we will love you forever and a day.
The Giving Tree
The Giving Tree, by Shel Silverstein, is one of those books that make parents cry time after time because they know that feeling of giving to their kids, whatever the cost, all too well. Leave a message in this book that reminds babies who grow into children that you are always there for them.
- Darling, when you call, I'll come running.
- What I have is yours, sweet baby. Anything you need, I am here for all the days of your life.
Welcome Little One
A new baby is the most welcome gift, so share your greetings to the world with a message written on the inside cover of this sweet book by Sandra Magsamen.
- Little one, welcome to this wonderful world.
- With love and joy, we welcome you into this family.
Welcome to the World
Another book of love and welcoming, written by Steve Wilson, celebrates a new baby's life and the important place an older sibling holds. It's an excellent choice for a family that is adding another baby to their brood.
- When it comes to the family lottery, you hit the jackpot, little baby.
- Baby, your life has added a whole new layer of love and wonder to the world.
If I Had a Little Dream
This book, written by Nina Laden, views a world full of dreams through a child's eyes. Leave a message of dreaming for a baby to grow into.
- If you can be anything in this world, then be a dreamer.
- Take the world on one dream at a time, kid.
I Wish You More
This book, by Amy Krouse Rosenthal, reads like a beautiful poem and has a Hallmark card vibe to it. Include any wishes that you have for this new baby in your baby book message.
- I wish you strong; I wish you love, and I wish you all the happiness in the world, little one.
- When it comes to wishes granted, you are the single wish your parents prayed would come true.
- Wonderful baby, wish upon a star. Never forget you are loved for who you are.
This staple beginner book by the late Margaret Wise Brown is all about a mother's love for her little one. It is the perfect book for babies and mamas to bond over, and the message included should be all about unconditional love.
- Sweetheart, there is no love stronger than the love of your mother. You are one lucky baby to have her.
- Wherever you go, whatever you do, know that you are so very cherished.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
Every kid should have their very own copy of this Eric Carle classic. Ensure the new baby you are celebrating has this book with a heartfelt message written inside it.
- Little caterpillar, grow big, learn lots and become the beautiful butterfly we know you can be.
- Someday you will spread your wings and fly, but until then, be our darling, hungry little caterpillar.
You Are New
Babies are new, parenthood is new, and with newness comes the ability to see the world through different lenses.
- You are new, and you are loved.
- With your arrival, everything is new and beautiful. Your life is a blessing and a gift to all around you.
A hug can fix any bad day. This book, by Jez Alborough, makes the power of a hug come alive. Send your thoughts of love and hugs to this new baby with your baby book message.
- Happiness is a hug from you, dear little one.
- Never will there be a time where my arms won't be wide open awaiting your cuddles.
I Know My Grandma Loves Me
If you are about to be promoted to Grandma, then this is the book you need to gift your grandbaby. Even when you can not be near, grandkids will know that you love them with all of your heart. Make sure they know this will an endearing message of love written in the book by Kathleen Ward.
- You, my grandbaby, are the apple of my eye and the center of my universe.
- Darling baby, you are a longtime dream finally realized. I thank the good Lord for you every day.
- No matter where we are in the world, always know that your Grandma loves you.
The Meaning Behind Books Versus Cards
Traditional baby shower cards and baby shower books serve similar purposes. Both are chosen after consideration, include messages of love and well wishes, and express certain sentiments about the new baby and his/her parents. So why choose a book over a card? Cards are appreciated and sometimes kept in a keepsake box or scrapbook, but often they get tossed out at some point. No one is throwing a book away, however! When you give a book instead of a card, your message and thought behind it will remain in the home of the ones you love. When the parents read the book you gifted their child, they will see your message and fondly think of you, knowing that you love and support their little family.