Planning the perfect pink shower for a mom-to-be? Don't forget the details like a pretty baby shower punch to keep the color scheme flowing and add visual interest throughout the event.
Raspberry Ginger Tea
Even those who don't love iced tea will love the quiet taste of Raspberry Ginger Tea. This beautiful drink has a more translucent, pale color. Recipe makes 3 quarts and serves 12.
- 2 liters raspberry ginger ale
- 1 liter (about 32 ounces) honey green tea
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Dried raspberry powder or crushed raspberry candy
- Raspberry sherbet
- Pour ginger ale into a pitcher.
- Add green tea.
- Mix in two tablespoons of lemon juice and stir.
- Pour the entire mixture into a punch bowl or drink dispenser.
- Dip the rim of serving glasses in honey.
- Dip the honey-covered rim in the raspberry powder or crushed candy.
- Top the punch with scoops of raspberry sherbet and serve.
Strawberry Kiwi Lemonade
If you're after a refreshing, pale pink drink Strawberry Kiwi Lemonade fits the bill. This light punch is perfect for outdoor or summer showers and is sure to become a new classic. The recipe makes about 3 quarts and serves 12.
- 1 Pitcher Packet of Crystal Light Lemonade
- 32 ounces Snapple Strawberry Kiwi drink
- 8 cups cold water
- Pre-made pink lemonade
- Strawberry, lemon, and kiwi slices: about sixteen slices altogether
- Add pink lemonade to ice cube trays and put one fruit slice in each section then freeze.
- Mix the lemonade packet and water in a pitcher.
- Add the Snapple and stir then chill.
- Pour the drink mixture into a pitcher or drink dispenser and add ice cubes.
Orange Pomegranate Fizz
Orange Pomegranate Fizz not only tastes good, but it's low on calories and packs some powerful nutrients. The subtle flavors won't overpower the tastebuds and pair well with any baby shower menu. Garnish glasses or punch bowl with orange segments or orange peels. Makes 5 quarts, serves about 20.
- 4-33 ounce zero calorie mandarin orange flavored sparkling waters
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 2 oranges, sliced thin
- Mix the sparkling water and pomegranate juice together.
- Pour the juice mixture into a punch bowl and top with orange slices.
Sparkling Grapefruit Juice
If you want bold flavors with serious sweet and sour notes, make up a batch of Sparkling Grapefruit Juice. This tasty non-alcoholic punch is reminiscent of the mimosa and works great at brunch showers. Recipe makes 4 and a half quarts serving 15 to 20.
- 4 bottles sparkling white grape juice cocktail
- 6 cups Ocean Spray Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice
- 1 pink grapefruit, sliced thin
- Mix half of each juice in a pitcher.
- Pour mixture into a punch bowl.
- Repeat step one with remaining juice.
- Pour mixture into a punch bowl.
- Lay grapefruit slices across the top of the punch and serve.
There are many creative ways to serve punch at a shower. Whichever you choose, make sure to utilize clear cups or glasses so guests can always see the pretty punch.
Classic showers or those with a buffet can easily incorporate a punch bowl. Offer cute straws or innovative ice cubes to give the punch more pizazz.
If you plan to offer multiple drinks like the Raspberry Ginger Tea and the Strawberry Kiwi Lemonade, serve each one in a labeled drink dispenser.
When you have a lot of hostesses, you can put more time into preparations and serve up drinks in glasses. Use jars, baby bottles, or wine glasses to make the punch look more festive. You can even rim the glasses with a pink sugar for a fun twist.
Pretty in Pink
Pink punches not only taste great, but look great too. Use the punch color as part of your baby shower decorations or to reveal baby's gender. Make up your own pink recipe by looking for local pre-made drinks that are pink and mixing them with clear or light-colored drinks with complementary flavors.