Baby girl crib accessories can turn a plain baby bed into a luxurious place for your little princess to slumber. Whether you make your own nursery accessories, purchase them in a brick and mortar store, or shop online, the accessories you choose will enhance your daughter's bedroom in a variety of ways. In addition, many baby crib accessories can serve as entertainment for little ones.
Types of Baby Girl Crib Accessories
The accessories you choose for your baby girl's crib can range from crib bedding to pull-down toys. The list of crib accessories can be quite long, but the following items are simple to find and popular choices among today's parents.
Baby Girl Crib Sheets
Crib sheets made with baby girls in mind often feature feminine colors such as pinks and purples along with fun graphics including crowns or flowers.
- Let her rest in her own private garden full of pale pink and yellow flowers with the Full Bloom Cotton Muslin Fitted Crib Sheet by aden + anais® for $17.
- Celebrate femininity and your tiny dancer for only $10 a sheet when you choose the Simply Shabby Chic all-over ballerina print fitted sheet.
- Give your baby girl the magic of Disney with an organic cotton Minnie Mouse crib sheet featuring the silhouette of Minnie wearing red and pink bows for $50 and add her name to the sheet for an extra $10.
Baby Girl Crib Skirts
Crib skirts give any crib a feminine look because they resemble the dresses and skirts your little girl might wear.
- One of the most iconic fabrics for girls is lace. Add a touch of elegance to baby's crib with the white Lilly Pulitzer Eyelet Trim Crib Skirt for about $70.
- If you love ruffle-bum diaper covers for girls, you'll love the look of Tadpoles Triple Layer Tulle crib skirt in pink or white for only $25.
- Give your baby girl's crib a tutu with the Tulle Ruffled Crib Skirt in gray or pink for about $30.
Baby Girl Crib Bumpers and Liners
While they look cute, some child safety advocates caution against using bumper pads with infants as they could pose a suffocation risk. The American Academy of Pediatrics warns against using bumpers at all because they can cause harm and injury to babies of all ages.
- Get a look reminiscent of little girls' braided hair with the Baby Crib Bumper Knotted Braid in solid or multicolored strands using pastel colors for about $25.
- The Amelia Tencel Bumper is a great choice for eco-friendly moms in search of a soft, feminine bumper in dusty lavender or dusty rose with ribbon ties for under $100.
- When you want safety and style, the Breathable Baby Solid Mesh Crib Liner in Owl Funk Pink is a great choice featuring an all-over owl design for only $20.
Crib Rail Covers for Baby Girls
As your baby girl gets skilled at standing up in her crib, you might want to add a crib rail to keep her from biting the crib itself or using the rail to climb out. Rail covers come in shorter lengths or longer, swagged designs.
- If you just want to cover the two end rails the Trend Lab CribWrap Narrow rail covers for under $25 comes in a two-pack in your choice of coral, lavender, or navy.
- Get the draped, swagged look with The Peanutshell Grace crib rail guard that covers one long rail on the crib for about $35.
- When you want to cover all four rails, you can spend about $100 on the Sweet Jojo Designs Celestial Crib rail guards where you'll need to buy two long rail covers and one set of short rail covers.
Crib Bedding Sets for Girls
Most crib bedding sets include a sheet and baby comforter or blanket, while many also feature a bed skirt and bumper pads. When choosing a crib set, keep in mind that some sets are actually designed to grow with baby as she moves from her baby bed to a toddler bed.
- Bring out the warrior princess in your baby girl with a set that includes a fun phrase about girl power. The elephants and feather design bedding set from DBC Baby Bedding Co. features an adorable elephant and the phrase "Though she be but little she is fierce." For about $430 you can get the 5-piece set that includes a crib skirt, crib sheet, blanket, crib bumper, and crib rail cover. These items are made to order, so you'll need to allow six weeks for delivery.
- Give your little girl a crib fit for a princess with the Little Princess Crib Bedding Collection featuring Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and Belle. The standard set comes with a crib sheet, quilt, and crib skirt for under $140. You can add on other items like bumpers, a dresser cover, a hamper, and a curtain for a total of about $370.
- Get the most bang for your buck when you purchase the 9-piece Blush Pink and Grey Boho and Tribal Aztec bedding set. For less than $75 you get this modern design on a blanket, crib skirt, sheet, crib bumper, two valances, a diaper stacker, a toy bag, and a pillow.
Baby Girl Crib Netting and Canopies
Turn your precious daughter's crib into a safe and royal sleeping space by adding sheer netting or a cloth crib canopy.
- Create an ethereal look around your baby's crib with a pink Bed Canopy from Walmart that features embroidered roses around the top for only about $10.
- If you want to filter out more light, opt for a Round Dome Bed Canopy in pink or white that features tassels along the edges and costs only $35.
Crib Mobiles for Girls
Probably the most common crib accessory is the baby mobile. Mobiles have been used for generations, and today's mobiles are quite high tech. For example, many mobiles are designed to attach to the crib slats and hang over the center of baby's bed. These mobiles are typically battery powered and feature lights and sounds. Newer models may come with a remote so parents can turn the mobile on and off without approaching baby's bed.
- A quiet, chandelier-style option like the soft pink NoJo Chantilly Ceiling Mobile for $40 provides entertainment in the form of natural movement without being distracting.
- Bring out her inner cheerleader with the Crib Mobile Pom Pom from Target featuring mint green and coral pom-poms that rotate and the options to play white noise or five melodies too.
- The Felted Roses Baby Mobile from Pottery Barn Kids costs about $60 and features soft roses that rotate and the option to play a single three-and-a-half minute lullaby.
Girls' Musical Crib Toys and Crib Gyms
Another popular toy found in many nurseries today is the musical crib toy. These toys typically attach to the railing of baby's bed. The toys often feature a pull-down piece that vibrates and starts a melody when pulled to stimulate your baby girl's senses. For older babies, crib gyms offer baby a chance to have some fun while she lies in her bed. These gyms often feature mirrors and other fun activities.
- The Baby Einstein Sea Dreams Soother features classical melodies and a glowing lights show that dims over time to help baby sleep.
- Let your baby girl admire herself with VTech Infants' Lil' Critters Magical Discovery Mirror in the shape of an elephant with music, sounds, and buttons to push for under $15.
- An adorable pink plush unicorn hangs from a cloud in the class pull-down musical crib toy Petals Musical Pull for around $20.
- Your baby girl can exercise her feet and musical talents with the Fisher Price Kick & Play piano for about $30.
- The SKK Baby Spiral Travel toy wraps around the crib rail then has four dangling plush toys in bright pinks and purples that make different sounds for your little girl to explore all for about $25.
Crib Accessories Safety
Keep in mind that the crib accessories you place in your child's crib should not pose a safety hazard. Hanging toys should be kept out of your child's reach. Straps should be secured, and strings or ropes should be removed. Create a safe haven for your baby that encourages her to look forward to a happy slumber.