Free printable baby shower invitations are a quick and easy way to cut expenses when planning a baby shower. You can find lots of great designs to match your baby shower theme and customize the invitations to perfectly fit the occasion.
Download Free Printable PDF Shower Invitations to Edit
Gender-specific shower invitations are perfect for parents who know their baby's sex, or for showers after the baby is born. However, hosting a gender neutral shower is always a good bet if the ultrasound wasn't clear or the couple doesn't want to know. Twin showers are especially fun, so choose an invitation that shares this exciting news. Download the free printable invitations below by clicking on the image or invitation name. Each invitation will open as a customizable .pdf template. You can edit the information before printing or hand write it after printing.
If you need help downloading these editable invitations, check out these helpful tips.
More Printable Invites Online
There are some terrific websites out there with a wide variety of baby shower invitations for you to print out. The following sites are some of the best available:
- Family Shopping Bag: You'll find lots of baby shower invitations here, as well as printable gift tags, signs, favor bags, and letters.
- Hoover Web Design: The cute invitations here are all based on the quarter-fold layout.
- Do-It-Yourself Invitations: These ideas and templates go beyond the basic printables, giving you options to personalize the invitations and get a little more creative.
- Blue Mountain: You'll have to register to personalize the printable invitations at Blue Mountain, but membership is free. There are some beautiful designs available and you can customize them right on the site.
- Plan the Perfect Baby Shower: The site's colorful designs and themes include a bright, eye-catching Sesame Street themed invitation.
- Greetings Island: These invitations are lovely, with designs that would suit a wide variety of baby shower themes.
Choosing the Perfect Printable Invitations
There are several things to consider when choosing your free printable baby shower invitations. Since there is such a wide variety available to choose from, try to take your time browsing through the offerings so you'll end up with printable invitations you'll be happy with.
Make sure you consider both your card's layout and the paper you'll be using before hitting "print."
- Layout: The layout of the invitation can be a full page, half page, or quarter page. One thing to keep in mind is the size of your envelopes for mailing. Choose a layout that will fit comfortably in a standard envelope.
- Paper or cardstock: While ordinary printer paper is perfectly fine for baby shower invitations, you can also pick up inexpensive card stock or other invitation paper at most business supply or paper supply stores. Fancy paper or card stock will add a nice touch to the finished invitations.
Not all designs are the same, so pick one that fits the shower you're hosting.
- Baby shower theme: If you've got a theme in mind for the baby shower, like daisies, puppies or ducks, try to find invitations that will complement the theme with images, colors, and appropriate text.
- Special circumstances: Is the mother expecting twins or multiples? Are the parents adopting from a foreign country? Look for shower invitations that may reflect these special circumstances.
- Gender of the baby: If the baby has already been born or the parents are certain of the gender, you can select colors and images to highlight this.
Don't Forget the Details
If you've chosen a design that allows you to make changes and personalize the invite, you can add a verse, quote motherly words of wisdom, or include special instructions for the shower. Do make sure that you include these essential details:
- Name of the mother or both parents (and baby if the shower is held after the birth)
- Name of the hosts
- Date and time of the shower
- Location of the shower
- RSVP contact information and date
DIY Shower Invitations With Clip Art
You can easily create your own unique baby shower invitations using free baby shower clip art. Start with a blank page on your choice of word processing program such as Microsoft Word or Google Docs. These custom invites can then be emailed to guests to save money or printed and mailed through the postal service.
Choose a Theme
Before you craft your invitation package, look for free baby shower clip art for invitations that fits your shower theme. Don't be afraid to think outside the box when looking for free baby clip art that matches your overall scheme. Choose one or two images and repeat them on the invitation, the thank you cards, and the envelopes for a cohesive look.
- Classic baby shower clip art includes standard baby gear like a onesie, rattle, and bottle or fun images such as the stork and a baby in a stroller.
- Cherished items like a teddy bear or rubber ducky are found in new baby clip art.
- If you're hosting a floral themed shower or even a sprinkle, spring clip art for children images such as a pastel umbrella or flower garden work great.
- Showers that are all about the mom-to-be could include clip art of pregnant women on the invitations and decorations.
- If you're going with a multicultural theme, try family tree clip art that includes flags from different countries.
- Baby shower clip art girl images include pinks, purples, and florals.
- Shades of blue and classic toys are included in free baby boy clip art images.
Add a Border
Invitations with a free baby shower clip art border feel more professional and complete. Opt for a basic printable border that features a geometric or decorative design. If you want more flair, use scrapbook clip art of pink ribbons and bows as the border for baby girl shower invitations or blue ribbons and banners for baby boy shower invitations. The border should run the entire outside edge of the invitation.
Save on Shower Invitations
Hosting a baby shower is a lot of work and can often be costly. Using invitations you print at home saves both time and money, allowing you to focus on other party preparations.