If this is your baby's first Valentine's Day, you will want it to make it very special. Here are some tips on how you can make this day memorable for both you and baby.
Every year on February 14, lovers express their feelings on Valentine's Day. Your baby is a product of your love, making baby's first Valentine's Day special. There are many things you can to to make the first Valentine's Day memorable for everyone.
Celebrating Baby's First Valentine's Day
Prepare for this holiday by sharing it with others. Begin by creating a Valentine that friends and family will keep forever!
The Perfect Valentine
Cupid is often represented as a baby holding an arrow. Though your baby won't be ready to throw arrows into the hearts of others, he can still make them fall in love. Take a picture of your baby that you will want to share with others. Not only will you have a perfect card to show off your baby to everyone, you will have an amazing keepsake you can frame for baby when he is older.Here are some baby picture ideas that will be perfect for your cards:
- Baby in a diaper only
- Find some angel wings for baby to wear
- Dress baby in all pink or red
- Find a large satin heart to sit or lay baby on
Once you have the picture, create a card to send to friends and family.
Some sayings to use choose from include:
- From our cupid! Have a Happy Valentine's Day.
- Celebrate our love with our little cupid.
- Sending hugs and kisses from cupid!
- From our heart to yours.
If you are not very creative, you can use the Internet to create your cards. Sites like Shutterfly make it very easy to customize your photos and make cards.
A Special Outfit
Since Valentine's Day is a special day, baby deserves a new outfit. You can find many cute clothing options to fit any budget! Even Target and Walmart carry cute outfits and onesies. If you are looking for something more unique, try:
Great Books to Read
Books always offer a great introduction to any holiday. Even though your baby may not understand, there are numerous books and classics you can purchase to read to baby. Some families buy one or two books a year to add to baby's book collection.There are many wonderful classic books you can choose from including stories that will make you laugh and cry. Some titles to consider are:
- I Love You as Much... by Laura Krauss Melmed
- Mouse's First Valentine by Lauren Thompson
- Froggy's First Kiss by Jonathan London
- Clifford's First Valentine's Day by Norman Bridwell
- Be My Valentine, Peter Rabbit: Surprise Sound Inside! by Beatrix Potter
- Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
- Love You Forever by Robert N. Munsch
- I Love You like Crazy Cakes by Rose A. Lewis
- I Already Know I Love You by Billy Crystal
- Mama, Do You Love Me? Board Book by Barbara M. Joosse
Many of the above titles can be enjoyed all year round.
Some Mommy and Daddy Time
Even though it's your baby's first Valentine's Day, it's OK to spend the evening by yourselves. Happy parents make good parents. Find a sitter and go out for dinner and a movie. If this is the first time leaving baby, don't be gone long.
If you are unable to find a babysitter, take baby with you and go for an early meal. You already bought a cute outfit.
If all else fails, plan a romantic dinner for after baby has gone to bed. Light some candles and remember what made you fall in love. You can also rent an old favorite movie to watch, like When Harry Met Sally or City of Angels.
Making baby's first Valentine's Day special is an easy task. Have fun and follow your heart.