Parents often spend months trying to find names for their baby girl. With so many names to choose, parents really need a great resource for finding their daughter's name.
Naming Your Baby Girl
Whether you want a name that sounds pretty or one with a special meaning, your baby girl's name will be with her for the rest of her life. That's why it's so important to choose the right one.
Emma has been one of the most popular girls' names for several years. Other popular names for girls include Harper and Aria. To choose a popular name for your child:
Cultural and Regional Names
Cultural and ethnic background is very important to many people. Name your daughter something that celebrates your heritage.
- Give your daughter a meaningful African name.
- Give her an Arabic name.
- Show Central South American heritage with a Hispanic or Brazilian name.
- If you enjoy Irish heritage, give your daughter an Irish or Celtic name
- Honor Asian ancestors with a Filipino, Indian, Japanese or Chinese name.
- If you'd like to share your European heritage, give your child a French, Greek, German, or Italian name.
- Celebrate Scandinavian heritage with a Norwegian name.
- Give your daughter a lyrical Hawaiian name.
- Honor an Eastern European background with a Turkish or Russian name.
- Celebrate your belle with a southern baby name.
Many parents like to celebrate their spirituality by providing their child with a meaningful name that demonstrates their religion.
Some parents want to give their daughter a unique name that stands out.
- Use a baby name generator to create a name from the names of both parents.
- Give your daughter an exotic name with a unique spelling or pronunciation.
- Give your daughter a meaningful gothic name.
- Pick an uncommon name for your daughter.
- Select a unique baby name that allows your daughter to stand out.
- Choose an unusual cute name.
- Celebrate flower power with a hippie name.
- Pick a classic name.
When coming up with a name for your child, don't forget to select a middle name that works well with your daughter's first and last names.
Finding the Right Name
Naming your daughter may seem like a big task, but it can also be fun and meaningful. With so many different types of names to choose from, you're sure to find a name that suits your tastes.