Looking for the perfect baby shower game ideas to get the party moving? There are many great games and activities that are perfect to add to your celebration and will be fun for all your guests. When planning the shower, don't forget to purchase some favors to give the winning players! Consider adding a few of these fun and active baby shower games to entertain your guests.
Fun and Active Baby Shower Games
Get guests up, moving, and laughing when you play these baby-themed games that require physical movement at your baby shower.
- Drop the Potato: Carry a potato between your legs.
- Change the Baby: Teams change their baby several times.
- Bottles Up: Drink a 4-ounce baby bottle as fast as you can.
- Cutest Baby Contest: Wives dress husbands up as babies.
- Baby Word Scramble: Rearrange letters in baby themed words.
- Bowling Baby Bottles: Use bottles as pins and a rolled diaper as a ball.
- Stuffed Shirt: Fit as many balloons as you can under your shirt.
- Pin the Diaper on the Baby: Blindfolded guests stick a paper diaper to a baby poster.
- Baby Bottle Ring Toss: Toss baby bottle collars onto bottle nipples.
- Distracting Mom: Complete a list of "Mom tasks" while the group distracts you.
- Pregnant Relay Races: Teams race carrying fake "baby weight."
- Baby Races: Relay involving baby dolls in strollers.
- My Water Broke: Use your body parts to melt an ice cube and find baby figurine.
- He Said, She Said Baby Shower Version: Choose whether the new mom or new dad made each statement.
- What's in the Bottle?: Identify the alcoholic beverage in each baby bottle.
- Babysitting Challenge: Kids have to care for a stuffed toy throughout the shower.
Drop the Potato
You'll need to use several jar sizes, each with a mouth large enough to fit your potato, and you'll need one potato.
- Place the largest jar in the middle of the room.
- Each guest places the potato in between her knees and takes a turn walking to the middle and dropping the potato in the jar.
- Whoever does it, stays in for the next round.
- Replace the largest jar with the next largest jar for the second round.
- Repeat rounds until you have one winner who gets their potato in the smallest jar.
Change the Baby
You'll need several baby dolls to play this diaper changing game. Each baby will need to be dressed, including a bonnet, socks or booties, and a diaper. You'll also need baby wipes, extra diapers, and baby powder. For added fun, the diapers can be "dirty." A dirty diaper might have a scoop of peanut butter!
- To start the game, divide the group into teams, have the babies dressed and across the room on a table.
- The first person on each team will undress baby, if the baby has a dirty diaper, that person should clean the baby with a diaper wipe and place the baby on the table.
- She should then return to the team, and the next person will dry off baby, powder and diaper bottom, then dress the baby.
- The next person will remove baby's clothes, wipe baby's bottom, and place baby on the table.
- The first team whose members have all cleaned and diapered baby wins!
This is a great game for a baby shower attended by women and men, as well as for a ladies-only event. It's a great game to play with a large group, as you can have as many participants as there are baby bottles. Video the faces or take pictures for even more laughs! Practical jokers may want to seal one bottle closed before handing it to an unsuspecting guest!
- Fill one 4-ounce baby bottle for each participant with water or juice.
- On "Go," guests must drink the bottle as fast as possible.
- Whoever finishes first wins!
Cutest Baby Contest
This game really needs to be played at a couples' baby shower or by parent and child teams.
- Wives should be told ahead of time to bring some items to use to dress their "baby." These babies are actually their husbands!
- Let each couple go into another room for the wives to dress their "baby."
- Give prizes for the "prettiest," "cutest," "ugliest," etc.
Baby Word Scramble Game
For this baby shower word game you'll need copies of your word scramble and pens or pencils for each player. Baby trivia is another fun word-based activity for baby showers.
- Create your own word scramble in advance by scrambling the letters in the words for ten to fifteen common baby item words or use a free, printable shower scramble.
- Guests are each given the scrambled word list and a specified amount of time to unscramble the words.
- The person with the most unscrambled words at the end of the time limit wins.
Bowling Baby Bottles
Use baby items to create your own fun indoor bowling game.
- Arrange ten baby bottles in a triangle shape.
- Have each guest "bowl" with a small ball made from rolled up diapers.
- The guest who has the highest score wins a door prize.
Get each guest in on the big belly fun with a simple balloon game.
- Blow some small sized balloons up and leave them on the floor around the room.
- On "Go," have guests try to stuff their shirts with the balloons.
- The guest who can stuff the most balloons wins!
Pin the Diaper on the Baby
This is one of many diaper theme games appropriate for a baby shower.
- Draw a large picture of a baby on a poster board.
- Create a diaper out of construction paper and place double-sided tape on the back of the diaper.
- Blindfold guests and have them try to place the diaper on baby's bottom.
Baby Bottle Ring Toss
Challenge guests to a difficult, but fun baby shower carnival game using parts of a baby bottle.
- Set up a series of bottle nipples on a flat surface. Be sure you allow several inches between each nipple.
- Have guests stand back several feet and try to toss the bottle collars so that they'll land on the nipple.
- Award one point for a partial ring and two points if it goes on all the way.
The object of this game is for each of the competitors to complete a list of tasks, such as filling baby bottles, changing diapers, and folding clothes, in the quickest amount of time and despite all the distractions.
- Have two or three guests compete at the same time.
- Give each person a list of the tasks they must complete.
- Start the timer and have other guests shouting out things, such as "Supper is burning!", "The baby is crying!", "Answer the doorbell!" as the "distractions."
- The person with the fastest time wins.
Pregnant Relay Races
This is one of the funniest baby shower games ever as guests get the chance to see what being pregnant really feels like. It's perfect for couples baby showers.
- Take a large pair of men's pants and find some items that can be strapped onto guests' middles (inside the pants) that add not only bulk, but also weight.
- Have a relay race in which teams have to not only run, one guest after another, but also have to transfer the "baby weight" and pants between each guest's trip through the course.
- The first team to have every member wear the heavy pants and get back to their starting position wins.
You'll need to have a few guests bring baby strollers and toy dolls to the shower for this idea. To take the game to the next level, consider setting up an obstacle course for the racers to complete!
- Split the group into relay teams. Each team needs a stroller and a doll.
- The first person straps the doll into the stroller and pushes it through the designated course.
- When they get back to the next player, they take the baby out and hand it to that person.
- Each successive player repeats this process until all players have taken the doll for a stroll.
- Any team that doesn't keep all four wheels of the stroller on the ground is disqualified!
- The team who completes the relay in the fastest time wins.
My Water Broke
In the standard version of this game, you need one tiny plastic or rubber baby figurine for each guest. In this version for a mom-to-be who is expecting multiples, you need the same number of figurines for each guest as the mom is expecting. So, if she's having twins, every guest needs two babies.
- Put two baby figurines in each ice cube mold so they both end up in the same ice cube. If you're doing triplets or larger, you might need specialty ice cube molds like the ones for bottle water or cocktails.
- Make sure you have one ice cube for each guest.
- Freeze overnight.
- Tell guests they can use any part of their body, with the exception of biting, to get their ice melted and their babies out.
- The first person to get all babies out and have their entire ice cube melted is the winner.
He Said, She Said Baby Shower Version
In this trivia game for men and women, guests need to guess whether the mom-to-be or dad-to-be made each statement.
- Before the shower ask each parent-to-be to make a list of wishes for their baby and things they think will be their parenting strengths and weaknesses.
- Take about five of these statements from each parent and put them into one document with a small blank line next to each.
- At the shower, hand out the worksheets and have guests write M for mom or D for dad next to the statements they think were made by each person.
- Have the new parents reveal the answers by standing up after each statement they made is read.
- The person who guessed the most correct answers is the winner.
What's in the Bottle?
The mom-to-be might not be able to drink alcohol, but that doesn't mean everyone else at the shower has to abstain. If you want an inappropriate or offbeat baby shower game for men, this drinking game is perfect for a co-ed diaper party or shower where some guests want to let loose.
- Purchase several two-ounce baby bottles. You'll need about five per player.
- Each set of five bottles with become a flight of drink samples.
- Choose five different liquors or craft beers and pour each into one bottle from every flight.
- Place the baby bottle flights in front of each player.
- Each player has to try to correctly identify each beverage.
- The person who gets the most right is the winner.
Most shower games are already kid-friendly, but this simple baby shower game for kids was made with them in mind. It's particularly appropriate for kids ages five to ten.
- Provide a doll or stuffed animal for each child. Leave extra dolls around the room.
- Instruct kids to take their doll everywhere with them during the shower.
- Parents and other adults may not babysit the dolls, but kids can hold them in their shirts or use other creative means to keep their doll close.
- If a child finds an unattended doll, they take it and babysit that doll and their original doll.
- The child with the most dolls at the end of the game is the champion.
Fun for All
Baby shower games can break the ice at the shower and get your guests mingling and laughing together in no time, especially when you choose action-oriented games that get guests up and moving around. Games are a great way to add an element of fun to your baby shower, whether the event is for ladies only or if both women and men will be in attendance. Of course, you may also want to incorporate some more traditional printable baby shower games into your celebration. The right games for your mom-to-be and guests can turn any shower into something fun and unforgettable.