Sometimes finding the right words for your baby shower invitation, advice card, or thank you note can be a challenge. Babies are so wonderful that even the most eloquent host is left searching for the perfect way to express herself. These original baby shower poems and sayings can help you make that baby shower extra special.
Baby Shower Verses for Invitations
Your baby shower invitation sets the tone for the entire shower. When you're designing your invitation, choose a poem or saying that really represents your party. Pick whimsical or funny verses for lighthearted gatherings and more serious sayings for those grown-up get-togethers.
Baby By the Numbers
Boy or Girl?
Gathering of Women
Simple Baby Shower Sayings
Sometimes, you only need a few words to express how you really feel. Short sentiments are perfect for writing in cards or attaching as favor tags. If you'd like to keep it short and sweet, try one of these simple sayings to express warm wishes to the new parent(s):
- "Messier, louder, sweeter, softer, and more loveable than you could ever imagine."
- "When you hold a baby for the first time, your heart opens like the bud of a flower."
- "Having a child teaches you that the littlest things really make the biggest difference."
- "Being a mother makes you doubt the things you think you know and teaches you lessons you'd never even imagined."
- "Girls are more than sugar and spice, they're love and strength at its most precise."
- "Being a boy mom shows you the best of both worlds, how to be tough and tender like a boy and like a girl."
- "Warm wishes for your new family as that little ray of sunshine lights up your life."
- "Babies are like tiny dictators you can't help but follow blindly."
- "Always carry a diaper, cuz s#** happens!"
- "Parenthood: the scariest place you'll ever live."
Baby Shower Advice Messages for Mom
One popular baby shower tradition is to have guests write advice for the mommy-to-be. A special verse or saying can help inspire them to share their wisdom and experience about parenting. To use these sayings, print the words at the top of plain pieces of cardstock. Then leave a pen near the cards so guests can offer important insights about being a mom.
Wisdom and Experience
Secrets of Being a Mom
Verse and Sayings for Thank You Cards
Not only is it proper baby shower etiquette to send out thank you notes for gifts, but it's also a great way for the mom-to-be to show the guests how special they made her feel. If you're hosting a shower, consider printing up some thank you notes with cute baby shower verses inside. The mom-to-be will appreciate your help.
All That You Do
More Sources for Baby Shower Poems and Sayings
The Internet is a great place to find all kinds of sayings for your baby shower invitations or advice cards. If you're looking for some more ideas, try the following sites:
- Baby-Poems.com - Several cute baby poems
- AnnouncingIt.com - Examples of baby shower sayings for invitations
- QuoteGarden - Dozens of baby-themed quotes from famous people
- 101 Baby Shower Ideas - Wording for everything from your invitations to your cake
Express Your Excitement
With all the great baby shower sayings out there, it can be difficult to settle on one that perfectly sums up your feelings. Remember, the mom-to-be will love your shower, no matter how you word the invitations, advice cards, thank you notes, or other items. Ultimately, you only need to find a poem or saying that expresses the love and excitement you feel about this new little bundle.