When you are trying to think of the perfect words to convey your best wishes, baptism verses may be the solution. Both Biblical and poetic verses are appropriate for baptism wishes.
Baptism Verses Overview
Baptism poems refer to the use of poetic language that portrays a message about baptism. Verses can be Biblical scripture or poetry. There are many poetic verses from the Bible and famous poets that deal with a baptism theme ranging from New Testament passages to Isaac Watts.
People can use baptism verses in premade cards, homemade cards or in a baptism scrapbook.
Ideas for Using Verses in Cards
Including a verse in a baptism card can add a special message in beautiful language. Here are some ideas for incorporating verses in cards:
- Create a bookmark with the verse and a decorative design. Insert the bookmark into a card when presenting it to the newly baptized or her family.
- Make a card and use the verse as the central message. A homemade card can also feature a special photo on the cover. For example, include a photo of the christened baby on the card cover.
- Write the verse on an origami design as a traditional card alternative.
Ideas for Using Verses in Scrapbooks
If you are creating a baptism scrapbook, consider including verses about baptism. Verses can be used to convey a message or augment a theme in a scrapbook.
- Write a verse in the frame of a photo on a scrapbook page so that it wraps around the image.
- Design a page and use the baptism poem as the main feature on the page. You can highlight the verse by writing the words in calligraphy on special paper and then gluing the paper onto a larger sheet of decorative background paper. Add embellishments such as stickers or stamps.
- Enhance a scrapbook page by adding an embellishment such as die-cut images that include verses. Each die-cut could include an entire verse or several die-cuts could spell out the verse message.
Bible Verses for Baptisms
The Bible has many verses on the subject of baptism. It is easy to include one with your baptism gift to celebrate the religious significance. Here are some of baptism bible verses:
- Matthew 3:16-17: 16 And Jesus had been baptized, just as he came up from the water, suddenly the heavens were opened to him and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, the Beloved, with whom I am well pleased."
- Acts 2:38-39: 38 Peter said to them, "Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ so that your sins may be forgiven; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is for you, for your children, and all who are far away, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to him."
- Matthew 28:19-20: 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, (20) and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.
- Ephesians 4:4-6: 4 There is one body and one Spirit; just as you were called to the one hope of your calling, (5) one Lord, one faith, one baptism, (6) one God and Father of all, who is above all and through all and in all.
- Romans 6:3-8: 3 Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we have been buried with him by baptism into death, so that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been united with him into a death like his, we will certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. 6 We know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be destroyed, and we might no longer be enslaved to sin. 7 For whoever had died is freed from sin. 8 But if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him."
Verses from Famous Poets
You can also find verses on baptism by famous classic and modern poets for a baptism card, such as the following:
- Baptism by Claude McKay
- H. Baptism and H. Baptism II by George Herbert
- Hymn 52 by Isaac Watts
- Hymn 121 and Hymn 122 by Isaac Watts
- Baptism of the Holy Spirit by Raymond A. Foss
Online Resources for Baptism Verses
The Internet is the first place to look for free verses because many websites provide printable baptism poems. The following websites have free verses:
- Shepherds Fold: The Shepherds Fold site provides a number of Bible verses about baptism.
- Heavens Inspirations: The Heavens Inspirations site has a baptism card verses page with short baptism poems written by the site owner, Michelle Lowndes.
- Famous Poets and Poems: The site provides baptism poems and verses by famous poets.
- Verses 4 Cards: The Verses 4 Cards site has original verses and Bible verses for baptisms and christenings. The verses were either written by the site owner or submitted by readers.
Consider these options to make your baptism gift extra special.