If you're hosting a baby shower, it can help to have a few fun games on hand. Shower games can help break the ice, allowing the guests to feel at ease and have a fun time together. These free printable baby shower games are perfect for your event. If you need help downloading any of these printables, check out these helpful tips.
Baby Letter Game
If you've played board games like Scattergories, you know how fun (and challenging) it can be to come up with objects that start with a specific letter. This free printable game is designed to test your shower guests' word skills, and it's likely to lead to a few hilarious conversations too.
How to Play
- To play the game, simply print out one copy for each guest at the shower. Be sure to have enough pens on hand as well.
- Explain the rules to the guests. They will have two minutes to come up with a baby item for each letter on the sheet. They should try to be as original as possible.
- At the end of two minutes, you can go around the room, asking each guest to say her answer aloud for each letter. Guests get a point for each unique answer. If there are any duplicate answers, no one gets points for those.
- When everyone has read their answers, have the guests total up their points. The person with the most points is the winner.
Baby Shower Word Scramble
Word scrambles are a lot of fun, and they work well to get the attention of the whole group before you begin a more involved game or start opening gifts. This printable baby-themed word scramble will get your guests thinking.
How to Play
- Print out one copy of the Baby Mix-Up for each guest at the shower. You'll only need to print one copy of the answers, since those are just for the host.
- Give each guest a copy of the scramble and an ink pen. Explain that the person who unscrambles the most baby related words in one minute will win.
- Set the timer for one minute. When the alarm goes off, read the answers aloud.
- Have guests report the total number of answers they got right. The person with the most right answers is the winner.
Baby Trivia Games
Your shower guests may think they know a thing or two about babies, but they can really test their knowledge with a tricky trivia quiz. The baby-themed questions on these printable trivia game are challenging, so you'll want to give guests a couple of minutes to answer. Consider pairing people up into teams, giving guests a chance to get to know one another.
How to Play
- Print one copy of the trivia game for each guest or team of guests. You'll only need to print one copy of the answers for yourself. Give each guest or team of guests a pen.
- Explain the rules to everyone. The person or team with the most correct answers will win. Set the timer for as long as you'd like. Two minutes is plenty of time for the 10 question version while three or four minutes makes more sense for the 20 question version.
- When the time goes off, read the answers out loud. The guest or team with the most correct answers is the winner.
Baby Shower Gift Bingo
Gift opening is the main event of any shower, and everyone loves seeing the mom-to-be react to her presents. However, at large showers, this part of the festivities can get a little long for some guests. You can keep everyone involved by playing Baby Shower Gift Bingo. It's easy with this free printable baby shower bingo game!
How to Play
- Print the bingo cards and cut them out. Give each guest a bingo card and a packet of inexpensive circle stickers.
- As the mom-to-be opens each gift, guests can place a sticker over the corresponding baby item on their bingo cards.
- When a guest gets five in a row in any direction, including corner to corner, that guest is the winner.
- If no one wins before the gift opening is finished, the winner is the person with the most stickers in a row.
How Well Do You Know the Mom-to-Be?
Most showers include a mix of people from different parts of the new mom's life. It can be tricky for co-workers, childhood friends, and family to mingle together. This printable game helps them see what they have in common: knowing the mommy-to-be.
How to Play
- Print one copy of the game for each guest. Give each guest a pen.
- Instruct guests to answer as many questions as they can. If they don't know the answer, they can always guess or make up something funny.
- When everyone has finished the quiz, have each guest read her answer out loud. After all the guests have read their answers to a question, the mom-to-be can tell everyone the correct answer.
- At the end of the game, have guests count up their correct answers to find out who is the winner. Scores will reveal who knows the soon-to-be mommy the best!
What's in Your Purse? Baby Edition
Most women carry a bag or purse of some kind and they usually contain some wacky things. This mini scavenger hunt sends guest rummaging through their purses to win a prize.
How to Play
- Print out one copy of the game for each guest and give them a writing utensil.
- Instruct guests to spend five minutes scouring their own purse or bag for the items on the list.
- When time is up guests can share their three unique items to see if they are worth any points.
- Guests tally their own points. The person with the most points wins, after showing the hostess all the items she found.
Quick, Name a Nursery Rhyme! Game
This challenging trivia game requires guests to recall the words to classic nursery rhymes. Since the activity is on the difficult side for some, consider pairing up guests or allowing each table to complete the activity together.
How to Play
- Print out one copy of the game for each player or team and give them a pen.
- Instruct guests to complete the directives in the right column using nursery rhyme titles within five minutes.
- The player with the most correct answers is the winner. Correct answers will need to be confirmed by the hostess who can search the internet for lyrics in question.
Baby Shower Candy Bar Game
Candy bars can be used as more than just favors or prizes at a shower. Try out one of these fun baby shower candy bar games like:
- Candy Match where you match a popular candy to a common pregnancy or child-rearing scenario.
- Dirty Diaper Candy Bar Game where you fill diapers with smashed up candy bars and ask guests to guess which candy is in each diaper.
- Candy Bar Story Game where guests are challenged to write a story using the names of popular candy bars as part of the prose.
Printable Games to Try at a Shower
There are tons of printable games available for all types of events from weddings to family parties. Some of these games can be easily adapted for use at a baby shower.
This great icebreaker activity is perfect for work showers or couples' showers to help guests get acquainted. Each guest gets a People Bingo card and has to find people who fit each description in order to fill a line.
I Spy Rhymes
If you're hosting a storybook themed shower a fun game like I Spy Rhymes can tie into the theme of children's books and poems. Guests are challenged to come up with rhymes for 8 apparel items kids are familiar with and there's even room to write in your own baby items. Set a time limit and award points for creativity or unique rhyme words.
Princess in Training Game
Turn your baby girl shower into an event fit for a bunch of overgrown princesses when you play the printable board game Princess in Training. You'll need some princess apparel like plastic tiaras and second-hand gowns to make this game a memorable event. Game play is similar to an active version of trivial pursuit and goes well with a princess or tea party theme.
Party Scavenger Hunt
Use the blank page from the printable Party Scavenger Hunt page to create your own baby shower scavenger hunt. Guests will need to search throughout the event for common baby shower items on your scavenger hunt list. Terms to include might be punch, mini sandwiches, or a cartoon image of a baby.
Personalized Board Game
Turn a blank printable board game template into a personalized game all about the mom-to-be or both new parents at a couples shower. Add in significant life events related to the pregnancy such as when they got married, found out they were pregnant, and discovered the baby's gender. When a player lands on one of these event spaces, they get to go again. The first player to the end space is the winner. Get inspired by a popular board game then create your own unique baby shower version.
More Fun Baby Shower Games
Many baby shower games are easy to pull together with materials you have on hand or buy in the baby section. Vary the types of games you choose for your shower, so you don't have guests sitting and writing or up and running around for the entire event.
- For more rambunctious options, check out the active shower games list that includes games such as Change the Baby or Baby Bottle Bowling.
- Scan the list of 25 baby shower games to find traditional options like Guess the Girth or Baby Betting Pool.
- If your shower doubles as a gender reveal party, check out some awesome gender reveal games such as the Ultrasound Name Game.
Tips for Using Free Printable Shower Games
Although these games are fun and easy to play, it helps to keep the following tips in mind:
- Make extra copies of each game in case you have more guests than you expect. That way, everyone can be a part of the fun.
- Bring extra writing utensils in case pens don't work or pencil leads break. You may want to buy a couple packages of cheap ink pens to have on hand.
- Have a prize for the winner of each game as well as a few extra prizes in case of ties. Prizes can be as simple as candy or note cards.
- Limit yourself to three or four games. Guests will need some time to chat casually and eat cake.
- Print games in color to make them more festive.
Stretch Your Baby Shower Budget
Free printable shower games are the perfect way to stretch your baby shower budget without sacrificing fun. Don't forget to pick up a few great baby shower game prizes when you're shopping for shower supplies! With these great games, your shower guests will feel relaxed and happy to be celebrating with the mom-to-be, and you'll be proud to host an entertaining get-together.