Jogging strollers can be a big investment. Whether you want one as a second stroller for exercise or you plan to use it for your main mode of transporting baby on-the-go, you should carefully consider the many brands and options available before making a purchase.
Single Jogging Strollers
Features, price, and ease-of-use are all essential things to consider when choosing a jogging stroller, so start shopping with an idea of some strollers to test out before you buy. If you only have one child who needs a jogging stroller, check out these single models.
BOB Revolution SE
The BOB Revolution SE was a top pick from Parents, who mention its safety straps, comfortable seat, and large air-filled tires. The stroller also landed at number eight on NerdWallet's list of the best jogging strollers, in part for its comfortable ride for baby and maneuverability. The site review did mention a few cons, including that it was too bulky and heavy and the lack of included accessories.
Features of the BOB Revolution SE include:
- Locking swivel front wheel
- Suspension system
- Front wheel tracking adjustment knob
- Parking brake
- Lots of storage space
- Two-step folding
The stroller is available for around $370 to $600, depending on color and features chosen.
Baby Trend Expedition
The Baby Trend Expedition was named the Best Value stroller through BabyGearLab, making it a good choice for parents who want something affordable for running or jogging short distances. A few noted advantages of this stroller included its ability to stand when folded, it's lightweight, and it has a locking front wheel. Noted disadvantages included a narrow seat and the lack of shock of absorbers, among other things.
Features of the Baby Trend Expedition include:
- Trigger fold
- Wide handle
- Footrest reflectors
- Child and parent trays
- Locking swivel wheel
- Accepts car seats; also available as a travel system
Pick up the stroller alone at Walmart for around $98 to $120.
Chicco Activ3 Stroller
The Chicco Activ3 Stroller also made New York Family's Best of 2014 list, due to its two suspension settings, ability to work with a car seat as a travel system and as a jogger, hand parking brake, and more.
Features of the Chicco Activ3 Stroller include:
- Lightweight frame
- Adjustable handle position
- Swivel wheel and brake lock on handlebar
- Full coverage canopy
Purchase the stroller for around $300 at Amazon.com.
Double strollers also come in jogger styles, making it perfect for parents on-the-go who have twins or children close in age.
Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Double Stroller
This sleek double stroller gets high marks from Bed Bath and Beyond users with a rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars. The Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Double Stroller is designed for getting around all types of terrain and folds up easily when done.
Features of the Baby Jogger City Mini GT2 Double Stroller include:
- Adjustable handlebars
- Hand operated parking brake
- UV 50 canopies with magnetic windows
- Air rubber tires and all wheel suspension
- Extra large storage basket
The stroller sells for $600 to $620 on Bed Bath & Beyond's website.
Baby Trend Navigator Double Jogger
Little One Mag considers this stroller their best budget pick for a double jogger. Despite its budget price the stroller has excellent quality features and performance.
Features of the Baby Trend Navigator Double Jogger include:
- Easy to handle side-by-seat design
- Multi-position seats that recline
- Ratcheting shade canopy to cover both children
- Parent tray with storage compartment and two cup holders
- Quick trigger fold mechanism that's easy to use
The Baby Trend Navigator Double Jogger sells for about $235 at Amazon and Walmart.
Features to Consider
No matter what stroller you choose, there are certain features that you'll want to have.
- Extra-wide pneumatic wheels, essential for a smoother ride
- Extra seat padding, your baby may want to snooze while you jog
- Good suspension, essential for those bumpy roads
- Zip-out weather shield, helpful on rainy or chilly days
- Parent tray to store keys, water, and cell phones
- Underneath storage basket, especially one with high sides to keep items inside while moving
- One-handed folding system, making it easy to hold baby and open the stroller
- Overhead canopy, to protect your little one's skin from the sun's rays
- Five-point safety harness
- Hand brake for extra security, especially on hills
- Safety tether, to keep stroller connected if it moves faster than you do
- Car seat connection option, so you can use it on the go with even the youngest of babies even when not jogging
Stroll Happily With Baby
Regardless of whether you plan to use your jogger for running or just running errands, it's important to have one that suits your lifestyle and includes the features you desire. Reading reviews and testing strollers in store will help you decide which one will let you stroll happily away with your baby.