If you are throwing a baby shower or writing a card, a nice touch is to include new baby sayings. They can be used on decorations, personalized items or just included in a heartfelt note.
Classic New Baby Sayings
Current and Classic New Baby Sayings
- New babies are made of coos and kisses and lifelong wishes.
- Though your new baby will sleep all day, it's only so they can dream of you.
- Parenthood won't change you, it will make you.
- Everything may feel new, but the love that grew all these months remains constant.
- Your quiet voice is the only lullaby your child will ever need.
- Congratulations on discovering the meaning of life.
- Your gift has finally arrived, a token of thanks from the universe for all you've given.
- Just as your new baby is a gift to you, so are you a gift to him/her.
Famous Classic New Baby Sayings
- "A baby is an angel whose wings decrease as his legs increase." - Author Unknown
- "A baby is born with a need to be loved -- and never outgrows it." - Clark
- "It is the nature of babies to be in bliss." - Deepak Chopra
- "There are two lasting bequests we can give our children. One is roots. The other is wings." - Hodding Carter, Jr.
- "Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children." - Charles R. Swindoll
Welcome New Baby Sayings
Welcome sayings for the new parents and baby celebrate the new family's place in their community and show that you enthusiastically accept them into your life.
Original Welcome Sayings for a New Baby
- Welcome to the world of possibilities where you can be any kind of parent who raises any kind of child.
- May you receive life's most precious gift with open arms, an open mind, and an open heart.
- You've welcomed your baby, now we welcome you to the amazing world of parenthood.
- He/she's arrived at last! We've waited so long, to welcome your family to where you belong.
- Your child has been welcomed to the Kingdom of God, for that we are all in awe.
- Sending a warm embrace your way to welcome the new baby.
- Welcome little one, open your eyes. You're in for life's very best surprise - the best parents you could ever ask for!
Famous New Baby Welcome Sayings
- "A new baby is like the beginning of all things-wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities." - Eda J. Le Shan
- "Every child begins the world again...." - Henry David Thoreau
- "The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." - Rajneesh
- "There is no finer investment for any community than putting milk into babies." - Winston Churchill
Fun Baby Sayings
A light-hearted saying can sum up what parenting in a brief quote.
Unique New Baby Sayings That are Fun
- New babies are made of poop and drool and a desire to rule.
- Congratulations on creating a mini dictator, good luck overthrowing the regime.
- It was nice knowing you, call me when you have the time and energy to be friends again.
- If you look past the wrinkly, discolored skin, the rotten cheese smelling spit, and the unidentifiable poo, babies are really great!
- Your life isn't over and it hasn't just begun, a newborn puts you on standby for the next adventure.
- Since you'll be holding a baby all the time, you might as well do us all a favor and figure out how to bottle that new baby smell!
- Becoming a new parent is a lot like losing your virginity - terrifying, exciting, and full of moments where you wonder if you're doing it right.
Famously Fun New Baby Sayings
- "A baby is an inestimable blessing and bother." Mark Twain
- "Watching a baby being born is a little like watching a wet St. Bernard coming in through the cat door." - Jeff Foxworthy
- "You will always be your child's favorite toy." - Vicki Lansky
- "A child enters your home and for the next twenty years makes so much noise you can hardly stand it. The child departs, leaving the house so silent you think you are going mad." - John Andrew Holmes
- "Babies are always more trouble than you thought and more wonderful." - Charles Osgood
Birth Control Baby Sayings
If you have a close, humorous relationship with the new parents you can use funny sayings about birth control.
Funny New Baby Sayings About Birth Control
- Many forms of birth control exist, yet here you are joining millions of others who couldn't figure out how to use them.
- They say babies are the best form a birth control, but really they're the best kind of mind control and hypnotize you with cuteness.
- The most difficult part of having children is knowing when to stop.
- Congratulations, you've experienced the classic man-woman communication issue. He/she said "Don't." "Stop." and you heard "Don't Stop."
- Welcome to parenthood, the land of hypocrisy - you didn't use birth control, but you'll spend years trying to convince your kids why they should.
- Birth control is for wimps, only the courageous venture into parenthood.
Famous Birth Control Baby Sayings
- "A crying baby is the best form of birth control." - Carole Tabron
- "Before I got married, I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories." - John Wilmot
- "People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one." - Leo J. Burke
- "A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on." - Carl Sandburg
Sayings for a New Baby Girl
The desired and defining characteristics of baby girls change with the times. These sayings capture the modern spirit of girls as more than sugar and spice.
Original Sayings for a New Baby Girl
- That little girl is going to rule your world.
- The women of the world are an ever-changing ocean and your new little girl is their newest wave.
- Being the parent of a girl isn't all about pink and princesses, it's about discovering what kind of woman you'll have the pleasure of raising.
- Baby girls come in small packages, but they make a big impact.
- She'll capture your heart right from the start and take care of it because it's her nature.
- Giving birth to a girl means loving the world because she'll bring nothing but heart and compassion.
Famous Baby Girl Sayings
- "A daughter is one of the most beautiful gifts this world has to give." - Laurel Atherton
- "Let her sleep, for when she wakes she will move mountains." - Napoleon Bonaparte
- "And though she be but little, she is fierce." - Shakespeare
Sayings for a New Baby Boy
Whether the new parents hope for a rough and tough little guy or a well-balanced boy, these sayings are just for newborn boys.
Original Sayings for a New Baby Boy
- A baby boy brings so much joy for you to employ.
- A little superhero grows into a super man thanks to parents like you.
- Baby boys are made of willpower and snuggles and everything lovable.
- Being parents of a boy means you get to help shape the future of man.
- With his sweet little smile he's cute as a bunny and sure to give you both a run for your money.
- This little guy of yours stands before a hall of open doors.
Famous Baby Boy Sayings
- "When you teach your son, you teach your son's son." - The Talmud
- "If I have a monument in this world, it is my son." -Maya Angelou
- "Your son will hold your hand for a little while, but your heart for a lifetime." - Unknown
Sayings for New Twins and Multiples
Parents who give birth to multiples will appreciate sayings meant for their particular circumstances.
- Be careful what you wish for - you asked for a baby and instead got four!
- Two times the love, two times the smiles. That's what makes two times the diapers worthwhile!
- Congratulations, you've just released a triple threat of love into the world.
- When you're lucky enough to give birth to multiples, you become superhuman as your heart multiplies.
- A multiple birth makes you (two, three, four, six, etc.) times your worth.
New Baby Adoption Sayings
Parents who adopt a new baby deserve the same special messages as biological parents.
- Your baby was waiting for the parent's he/she deserved then you found the place for which he/she reserved.
- Adoption is a miracle that simply begun when you made a call for a special tiny loved one.
- Some say it's a choice, but we all know this baby was yours the moment he/she started to grow.
- Where a family starts doesn't matter much, it's where they'll go because of each other.
- "Adoption is when a child grew in its mommy's heart instead of her tummy." ~Author Unknown
Ways to Use Sayings
There are many ways you can use new baby sayings to express your feelings.
- Make a card. Print or write out the saying on a homemade card. Buy some beautiful stamps or fun stickers to decorate it.
- Frame it. If you find a saying that touches your heart, write or print it out and put it in a frame. You can also decorate it with stamps, or paint.
- Create a personalized baby book or photo album. The perfect quote is a great way to start your book of memories.
- Decorate your home or baby nursery. Use your favorite quote to decorate the walls, or apply it to a mirror.
- Make a baby's first Christmas ornament. Hand paint or apply your favorite quote an ornament for a gift that will last forever.
Baby Sayings and Quotes Are a Gift
The words you say to a new mom or dad can make an impact. The right words are taken to heart and remembered forever. For some people, finding what to say comes easy. They are able to speak from their heart. For others, it is easier to find a quote that helps express the way they feel.