Making or buying a pacifier corsage is the perfect way to make a mom-to-be feel really special at her baby shower. In addition to being a beautiful decoration, a pacifier corsage is also a gift in itself. Those pacifiers will really come in handy when the baby is born!
How to Make a Pacifier Corsage
Making your own corsage is a great way to add a personal touch to a baby shower. This project is easy, so don't worry if you aren't a craft expert. Just follow the directions, and in a few minutes, you'll have a great gift for the guest of honor.
Things You'll Need
To get started, assemble the following basic supplies:
- Pacifiers with loops
- Colorful curling ribbon
- Large safety pin or diaper pin
- Real or artificial flowers
- Green floral tape
What to Do
- Start by making the flower portion of the corsage. Use scissors to cut several real or artificial flowers. Stems should be about four inches long. Arrange the flowers in an attractive shape, and use green floral tape to attach the stems together. Remember to stretch the tape as you apply it.
- Next, tape the flower part of the corsage onto the pin. Be sure to attach the flowers to the side of the pin that doesn't open.
- Cut the curling ribbon into long pieces, and tie the pieces onto the safety pin on either side of the flowers.
- Attach several pacifiers to the corsage by tying the ribbons through the pacifier loops. Try to achieve a balanced effect by attaching the pacifiers evenly on each side of the flowers.
- Use scissors to curl the ribbon. Then trim the ribbon to the desired length. You can add more ribbon as needed to fill out the corsage.
- If you use real flowers to make your corsage, be sure to store the final product in the refrigerator to keep it fresh. You can make the corsage up to a day before of the shower.
Buying a Corsage
If you don't want to or don't have the time to make your own corsage, you can buy a beautiful one for the mom-to-be. If you would like a corsage with real flowers, contact your local flower shop. They may be able to make a corsage to your specifications.
You can also buy pacifier corsages online. These corsages typically do not include fresh flowers, but there are many lovely options available at the following sites:
These corsages make a great addition to any baby shower. Use these helpful tips to get even more enjoyment out of this fun decoration.
- If the mom-to-be knows the gender of the baby, you can choose pink or blue ribbons for the corsage. Otherwise, stick with yellow, green, or a combination of colors.
- This project makes a fun shower activity too! Gather the necessary supplies, and let guests make their own pacifier corsages to wear for the event. When the shower is over, the mom-to-be can take all the pacifiers home.
- When choosing flowers for the corsage, remember than many pregnant women have a sensitive sense of smell. It might be wise to choose flowers with a light scent or no scent at all.
- Have fun! This project is simple and inexpensive. Making a pacifier corsage is a great way to show a mom-to-be how much you care.