Wiccan and pagan baby names are often chosen for what they represent to the parents and for the baby. Choosing a Wiccan name is more than just haphazardly making up an unusual moniker for your baby boy or girl; it's about finding inspiration from nature, gods, animals, and even the elements.
Choosing Wiccan and Pagan Baby Names
In selecting Wiccan baby names, people often look towards nature, talents, elements, gods, and gemstones. The following is a list of popular baby names inspired by these characteristics.
Wiccan Baby Names From Nature
Celestial and Earthly Baby Names for Wiccan Males and Females
Pagan Baby Names From Gemstones
Wiccan Baby Names Based on Roles
Wiccan Baby Names A Through M
There are numerous names that could be referred to as Wiccan. The following list includes a portion of those names.
Wiccan Names N Through Z
Inspiration for Wiccan Male and Female Baby Names
Where can you find inspiration for choosing Wiccan names? There are several methods that parents use in selecting a Wiccan or pagan name for their baby. They often spend time in prayer and meditation, and they may even perform several spell-casting sessions before finally selecting a name that is worthy of their child.
Choose Names Based on Symbolism or Meaning
Wiccan names are often chosen based on their meaning or symbolism. That meaning may have a personal connection to the parents and/or the child, or it may simply appear as if the chosen name is simply the "right one."
What are some other ways to find inspiration in choosing a Wiccan name?
- Pay attention to signs-What is the spiritual world telling you? What signs have occurred as you look for a name for your child?
- Show gratitude-Give thanks as you pray for guidance in your journey to find your child's name.
- State your intention-Make it known in a prayer, chant, spell, etc. that you want to select a Wiccan name for your baby.
- Write, write, write-Journaling your thoughts, experiences, reflections, and prayers will allow you glimpses at the names that may be appropriate for your baby.
- Open your mind-Preconceived notions can hamper the path to finding a name, so open your mind through meditation and/or prayer.
- Consider your gifts and the potential gifts/talents of your child-What do you have to offer? What do you think will be special about your unborn child?
Beautiful, Symbolic Names for Babies
Those unfamiliar with Wiccans often frown on giving Wiccan baby names to infants. However, the names are filled with beauty and symbolism. Because they are so unique, they often invoke an aura of protection and special meaning to the children who wear them. Considered odd by many, Wiccan names have gained in popularity in the last several years. Keep in mind, however, that the name you choose for your child shouldn't encourage ridicule. Don't saddle him with a moniker that creates a label that will be difficult for him to overcome. There are many beautiful names, such as the ones listed above, that can connect your child to the Wiccan world without isolating him from others.